Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

» Join the discussions, Register Now!

Question Can't backup iPhone contents to iTunes

I'm having trouble backing up all of my devices to itunes. When I right click on my device, there is not an option to create a backup listed anymore. It also makes no attempt to automatically backup when I sync iPhone to computer. I have tried uninstalling itunes,but it did not make any difference. When I reinstalled it, all my apps and music was already there. All of my old backups were there too. Any ideas on this?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by erer002; 15th August 2012 at 02:01 AM.

Smile How to transfer iPod/iPhone/iPad to computer or iTunes

I think there is something that has disabled your back up feature and it has nothing to do with itunes, anyway. there is something called "itunes backup disabler" once you download it you'll have two options
    1. enable backup
    2. disable backup
    once you get it, click on enable and hope this will help you.
    More reviews: How to transfer iPod/iPhone/iPad to computer or iTunes
    It includes the transferring of music, photos, videos, SMS, Contact ect. between iPod/iPhone/iPad and computer(PC or Mac).
    Last edited by uaeer001; 9th April 2011 at 09:31 PM.

At times it iTunes fails to make backup of iPhone data. As such you need to use professional applications to make iPhone backup sms, contacts, phone books, videos and other important data.

Why are you trying to make a backup using iTunes? Every body knows that iTunes have some limitations regarding backup. If you are trying to backup your iPhone contents then you won’t be able to backup all types of data. Hence, try to backup your device contents in your computer using iPhone backup software. Using a third party tool, you will not only do it easily but can also retrieve the desired data when required.

iTunes may go wrong or is just not work temperately. If you want to manage data easily, you can use tools to backup iphone contacts
    to computer.