Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default redsn0w untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.1

For all devices except iPad 2.

Dev-Team Blog - Three years of pwnage(tool)

So, who's going first?

As soon as they release support for iPad 2 I'll be using it
    MacBook Pro 17" Aluminium Core i5, 500GB
    Mac Mini 2.4Ghz, 320GB
    iPhone 4 Black, 16GB

I'm not game to be the first, but I am interested ... I'd like Lockinfo and biteSMS back!
    "Sleight of hand; twist of Fate"

"What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? I don't know, and I don't care"

I got excited and jailbroke my iPhone at about 3:30 as soon as the JB came out... after about 15 minutes I realised there isn't anything to be gained from jailbreaking any more... we have multitasking; backgrounds; etc - and most extensions are broken in 4.x (like StatusNotifier, which now just crashes SpringBoard).
    So, I restored back to stock already.

StatusNotifier has been superseded by statusbar functionality in apps like LockInfo and Notified 2. Those apps (plus SBSchedule, Scrobbl and Wifi Sync 2) are why I'm still jailbreaking,

Shame you didn't leave it longer, I'd have been curious about the overall stability.

After I tried StatusNotifier, I tried Notified / Reminder.. that did not crash SpringBoard, but no icons appeared in the status bar.
    Not going to pay for JB apps... Used LockInfo on my iPhone 3G until it went paid :/

Meh error 10. Hope an itunes update fixes it. I have also heard that lockinfo is working

I'll be updating and jailbreaking tomorrow night. Want that built in Hotspot for use with my wifi iPad. I still have uses for JB although they are becoming less with each year. Until Apple turns text notifications into something like biteSMS I'll be jail breaking.
    MacBook Pro w/ Retina Display | AppleTV 2nd Gen | iPhone 6+ | iPad Mini 4G & WiFi | iPod Classic 160GB
    Twitter: @troybarter | "Men lie, women lie; Numbers don't." - Jay-Z

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Only thing I really want is a blacklist call filter for douchebags who call at 3am but its not worth jailbreaking for at this stage
    http://twitter.com/TheMissionMan / Photo Page
    MacBook Air 13" 2.0GHz i7/8GB/512GB, iPhone 5 64GB, iPad Mini LTE 64GB, Nikon D700, MB-D10, 24-70 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8, 1.4x, SB700, SB600, Benro C3580T, Benro GH-1, Benro C48T

Quote Originally Posted by Jinkst View Post
    I'll be updating and jailbreaking tomorrow night. Want that built in Hotspot for use with my wifi iPad. I still have uses for JB although they are becoming less with each year. Until Apple turns text notifications into something like biteSMS I'll be jail breaking.
    I thought Personal Hotspot was a standard feature of 4.3? Or is it only like that on Telstra?

3GS and ipad 1 both jailbroken with 4.3.1 and installed Lockinfo, SBSettings and SwirleySMS on the ipad, all working fine. Those are the only things I really want. If it works on an ipad 1, I'm assuming it works on an iphone 4.

Sweet. I know they don't like releasing finished versions of stuff like Redsn0w unless they know it works 100% (unlike stuff like Limera1n which takes a day to do since 5 updates come out in that time) so I'll have no hesitation in trying this tomorrow and finally being able to get rid of that useless lockscreen on my iPad once again.
    :P

everything seems good on my end. iPhone 4.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawkmatthew View Post
    I thought Personal Hotspot was a standard feature of 4.3? Or is it only like that on Telstra?
    No no it is definitely available for everyone. I didn't word it right. The Hotspot feature is why I'll be upgrading to 4.3.X but then I'll still be jail breaking. Right now I'm on 4.2.1 using MyWi which has been rubbish lately. Plus Voda just allowed tethering on their Infinite caps so it's a plus there again. Shame about their shitty reception though lol.

Really there isn't much left for the casual jail breaker. biteSMS and theming are the only main reasons I'll be looking to do it now.
    MacBook Pro w/ Retina Display | AppleTV 2nd Gen | iPhone 6+ | iPad Mini 4G & WiFi | iPod Classic 160GB

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawkmatthew View Post
    I thought Personal Hotspot was a standard feature of 4.3?
    It is if you've got an iPhone 4, but for those of us still on a 3GS, jailbreaking is the only way to get the WiFi hotspot. That and BiteSMS will see me doing the update and jailbreak tonight.

Just jailbroke using Redsn0w but my General>About screen still shows that I'm on version 4.2.1. Bit strange? The JB process went through normally, the DFU update was fine, and Redsn0w finished its process while the rest happened on the iPhone screen. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by gehenna View Post
    Just jailbroke using Redsn0w but my General>About screen still shows that I'm on version 4.2.1. Bit strange? The JB process went through normally, the DFU update was fine, and Redsn0w finished its process while the rest happened on the iPhone screen. Weird.
    didn't happen to mine. did you get the right ipsw file?

Yep, restoring now will try again.

With this JB comes the ability to enable video mirroring on the ipad 1:

Enable Display Mirroring on First generation iPad | Nature's Eye Studios

Can't try til I get home (come on JB community, release an app that does it on the fly!). No mac here at work to edit a PLIST file

Quote Originally Posted by gehenna View Post
    Mine states 4.3.1. Very strange regarding yours.

Anyone having issues with the Cydia icon?? Mine's coming up blank. Have rebooted, still blank.

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Nevermind, installed a package and now the icon shows up as normal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast