Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Ľ Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hi, I thought I'd start a thread listing the free songs that iTMS AU has. It would be great if anyone else finds more and adds them, or updates the thread each week with the new free songs.

To start off, the free songs from previous weeks (no longer free though&#33 were:

25/10/2005
    Song of the Week: Shadowland - Youth Group
    Discovery Download: You've Changed - Stewart & Melville

2/11/2005
    Song of the Week: This Bed - Kisschasy

9/11/2005
    Song of the Week: Enemies Closer - The WhiteRoom

16/11/2005
    Song of the Week: Woman - Wolfmother

and for this week:

22/11/2005
    Song of the Week:Swing - Savage (although it is currently not free???)

Here is the Free iTunes Song iMix - though obviously none of the songs on it are still free at the moment.

Great idea! I was wondering myself this morning if there was an easy way to find the free tracks. How do you get into the Discovery Download section anyway? I got last week's track via a direct link from here.

What's Discovery Download? The Song of the Week is easy enough to find, but I've never heard of Discovery Download

I clicked on the first Discovery Download and I have to purchase the song. I'm guessing once that week is up, the same becomes paid again. Make sure you get in quick folks :-)

I thought all the songs that were given away for free would be so bad that it wouldnt even be worth previewing them but I gave the most recent one a go and it was pretty good.
    If I woke up after having slept for a thousand years, my first question would be: Has the Riemann hypothesis been proven?

I think that Discovery Downloads show up on one genre page each week, but the old badge for last week still shows up for me (with no working link).

Has anyone found the discovery download for this week yet?
    Read my drivel, be dazzled by my Twitter

Are you some kind of devil trying to keep me from using my time usefully? - Currawong
    "You're an enigma wrapped in a ferreo roche" - fulltimecasual

The Dance/Electronic genre still shows the You've Changed - Stewart & Melville badge, but it's not clickable, and as noted by lavo, if you use the link to the track in the first post, it is no longer free.

kisschasy!!!!!! free download at the moment.. get into it kids, these guys rock.. i highly recommend downloading their song "do-wahs and woah-ohs" if you like the free song.. it's so catchy.. and it's a song about being a catchy song

Why are people complaining its hard to find them?

They are updated every tuesday on the front page!

Near the iPod Store, Andrew denton etc ads
    Mac Pro Dual Xeon 2.8GHz Quad, 6GB Ram, 128GB SSD+320GB+3x1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX285, Mac OS X 10.7
    My Flickr | Portfolio/Photoblog

Thats the free track Macmanluke, there's aparently a 2nd free download every week called the "Discovery Download" which is somewhere in the library.
    Read my drivel, be dazzled by my Twitter

Are you some kind of devil trying to keep me from using my time usefully? - Currawong
    "You're an enigma wrapped in a ferreo roche" - fulltimecasual

I wonder when the new one for this week will show up? (not to mention a "discovery download" that *is* actually free )

edit: I should have just been more patient...
    "Computers dont affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristen Wilson of Nintendo Inc. - 1989

Talking

This week's free song is "Enemies Closer" by The WhiteRoom.

Edit And it's fantastic!

I always get the free track - and now that I have two stores to shop in, I get two of them each tuesday!

bonza!

So are the "discovery downloads" supposed to be a regular thing? Do the other stores around the world get them reliably every week?
    "Computers dont affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristen Wilson of Nintendo Inc. - 1989

THis weeks 15/11 free single is woman by Wolfmother

Maybe an iMix of all previous free songs would be helpful? (I donít use the iTMS, personally).

Actually I just noticed someone had started an iMix like this.

Anyone else having problems downloading the latest free track?
    I get an error telling me the "store may be busy" and to check my internet connection, but everything else seems to work fine, and this was on my dialup at home and my broadband at work...

Same error occurred to me. What I did in the end was do a search for 'wolfmother' and the free track is among the search results.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast