Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

the songs back up and for free, nice.

evmorg - you could be right there!

There was a bug btw itunes AU & itunes US re $$$ (lack thereof, i know the guys in the band and thats what i was told).

Lovers Electric - Start Again

I've made it into a habit to always grab the weekly iTunes freebies - most of the time they're really good.
    Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two...

^ ditto. i try to get it every week though sometimes I forget. I think the new song shows up on Monday.

Tuesday, actually.

Anyway, this week its Black Kids - I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You

Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Tuesday, actually.

Anyway, this week its Black Kids - I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You
    Just listened to a sample. No wonder it is free

Anyone spotted the free song on the Aussie iTunes store for this week (16 December 08) yet?
    The status quo ain't what it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by evmorg View Post
    Anyone spotted the free song on the Aussie iTunes store for this week (16 December 08) yet?
    Dunno if it's the Single of the week, but there is the free track.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...43662&s=143460
    Optus' Coverage Sux!!! Please leave me alone, so I can get back my good coverage again. :P
    Gear | MacBook Pro 15" UniBody | MacMini | iPhone 4 32GB Black | 2xReadyNAS NV+

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by griffmiester View Post

How did you find that?
    Something about Jimby.

Quote Originally Posted by griffmiester View Post

Nice find!

Quote Originally Posted by chrsha01 View Post
    Nice find!
    For reference, I just put into the Search Field of the iTunes store "single of the week" then looked down the bottom

Optus' Coverage Sux!!! Please leave me alone, so I can get back my good coverage again. :P
    Gear | MacBook Pro 15" UniBody | MacMini | iPhone 4 32GB Black | 2xReadyNAS NV+

entropy's Avatar entropy is offline It's the heat death of the universe, my friends

Has anyone noticed before this that while the single of the week, where it is featured, is still in fairplay DRM at 128kb, while if you go to the artist's section and select the relevant album, the same song is in itunes plus at 256k, free as well?
    27 inch imac i7 3.4Ghz 2011 12,2 OSX 10.8

Whoa, I didn't notice that...*looks*

Been a while since there's been an update - http://itunes.apple.com/au/album/cat...le/id356670050 is this week's. In reference to Entropy's post above, it seems to be in 256kbps :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Buthidae View Post
    Been a while since there's been an update - Catcher In The Rye - Single of the Week by Cabins - Download Catcher In The Rye - Single of the Week on iTunes is this week's. In reference to Entropy's post above, it seems to be in 256kbps :-)
    What do you mean "Been a while"? There's always a free song every week. You get to it from a badge on the home page of the iTunes Store in iTunes.

The iTunes Store no longer has any 128Kbps songs--now all iTunes Plus (256Kbps). It's been that way for ages.
    Successful transactions with tintinaujapon, sillydog701, decryption, ken-f, macmine, LaPastenague, Jordan M, leon, NathR32, trickcycle, froggy, scruffie, benerrol, hawker, midnight_e, loc04t, fission.

Quote Originally Posted by Japester View Post
    What do you mean "Been a while"? There's always a free song every week. You get to it from a badge on the home page of the iTunes Store in iTunes.

The iTunes Store no longer has any 128Kbps songs--now all iTunes Plus (256Kbps). It's been that way for ages.
    I think he's referring to the thread. It's not updated weekly as it once was.

Quote Originally Posted by half goon half god View Post
    I think he's referring to the thread. It's not updated weekly as it once was.
    Good point. I got it now.
    Successful transactions with tintinaujapon, sillydog701, decryption, ken-f, macmine, LaPastenague, Jordan M, leon, NathR32, trickcycle, froggy, scruffie, benerrol, hawker, midnight_e, loc04t, fission.

Don't know if this has been commented on before, but I notice that the Australian iTunes store is now offering a free video in addition to the free song (BTW, I wouldn't bother with the song this week). Have they been doing that for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by evmorg View Post
    Don't know if this has been commented on before, but I notice that the Australian iTunes store is now offering a free video in addition to the free song (BTW, I wouldn't bother with the song this week). Have they been doing that for a while?
    The free video started a couple of weeks ago. I thought it might have been an aberration but perhaps a pattern is emerging. It's nice to be getting more free stuff. The Yanks get a shit load every week.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8