Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Do Apple Sell Printers In Stores?

I'm going to take the plunge in buying a new MacBook soon, and am planning on taking advantage of the printer rebate offered by Apple. I know an easy solution would be to buy it online together, but I plan on waiting until a 10% off sale at a major retailer to price match at the Apple Store. So I'm wondering whether they sell the printers too, or if it's an online only thing. If it makes a difference, I'll probably be going after the cheapest one, the "HP Photosmart Wireless e-All-in-One Printer" that is listed for $129.95. Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I don't really no where it should go. Thanks for the help!
    MacBook Pro 13" 2.3gHz i5 4GB RAM; Late 2008 MacBook 2.1gHz C2D 2GB RAM; iPad 2 Wifi 16GB White; iPhone 4 Black 32GB; iPod nano 3rd gen 8GB

Apple stores price match?
    Kushti

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Ram View Post
    Apple stores price match?
    From what I've read, yes. After all, they would still be getting more money by having customers buy directly compared to through a reseller.
    MacBook Pro 13" 2.3gHz i5 4GB RAM; Late 2008 MacBook 2.1gHz C2D 2GB RAM; iPad 2 Wifi 16GB White; iPhone 4 Black 32GB; iPod nano 3rd gen 8GB

Yeah they price match - sometimes they will do better than price match! They seem to have a list of known sale prices happening at other stores (e.g. Big W, JB HiFi etc), so if you say "so-and-so has x for $y" they'll check their list for so-and-so, or find a price which is lower than so-and-so and give it to you for that!
     iMac 21.5" Mid 2010, iPod Shuffle, Macbook Air 11", iPhone 5, iPad Mini LTE

The Apple retail stores do sell the cheapest printer. I picked one up last week when they offered me the rebate you referred to with the purchase of my new Macbook Air.

Quote Originally Posted by markg View Post
    The Apple retail stores do sell the cheapest printer. I picked one up last week when they offered me the rebate you referred to with the purchase of my new Macbook Air.
    Awesome, thanks markg! Hopefully they have stock when I get my MBP All I need to do now is decide whether I want an i7 13" or the lower 15". That, and for a 10% off sale somewhere!

Never heard of them price matching. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by tom5955 View Post
    Never heard of them price matching. Strange.
    They don't advertise it, but they do.