Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Ľ Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default What Pisses You Off?

Thought it would be good to have a collective thread for this, on other forums it makes for some hilarious reading

So here's what's pissing me off right now: Foxtel. First they take away my two free movies per month worth $12, decide they'll lower the plan price by $4 as a sorry, then when I decide I'll just get the bear minimum plan and it's pretty much the same price because you have a choice between everything you want for full price with lots of crap included you don't want or just the crap. To top it off you have to call the Indian call center full of more people with hearing disabilities who just won't take downgrade my plan as something they'll do without keeping me on the phone for an hour and ending up screwing it up as usual and overcharging me or something retarded which I'll find out by the time I get the next bill, so then I have to go through the same process again.

Pretty much the same story with yearly school photos, I want the single photo, the school photo, and the house group photo, not just the single photo and 1000 mini rubbish photos I don't need for $15 or the stuff I want + 2000 crappy mini photos and other rubbish I never use that they think justify the $50 price tag.
    Last edited by Stez; 21st January 2011 at 03:28 PM.
    :P

People who fail to express themselves without falling into the gutter while swearing...

On the other forums i visit it's 'what gives you the S%^*s' and it's a sticky, always makes for interesting reading and i've been tempted to create a thread on mactalk but never got around to it, there is also an opposite thread called 'what makes you happy today'. Anyway on with the S%^%s... me not having enough creativity or money and needing both. Tourists also piss me off, come to my town, buy all the food, don't know how to swim or surf properly, i'm lucky to even get bread and milk some days.

Quote Originally Posted by Stez View Post
    Thought it would be good to have a collective thread for this, on other forums it makes for some hilarious reading

So here's what's pissing me off right now: Foxtel. First they take away my two free movies per month worth $12, decide they'll lower the plan price by $4 as a sorry, then when I decide I'll just get the bear minimum plan and it's pretty much the same fucking price because you have a choice between everything you want for full price with lots of shit included you don't want or just the shit. To top it off you have to call the Indian call center full of more cunts who just won't take DOWNGRADE MY FUCKING PLAN as something they'll do without keeping me on the phone for an hour and ending up fucking it up as usual and overcharging me or something retarded which I'll find out by the time I get the next bill, so then I have to go through the same process again.

Pretty much the same story with yearly school photos, I want the single photo, the school photo, and the house group photo, not just the single photo and 1000 mini piece of shit things I don't need for $15 or the stuff I want + 2000 piece of shit things that they think justify the $50 price tag.

And that's my rant, sorry for the swears, but I had to get that off my chest :P
    Aren't you only 13? why are you worrying yourself over that, let mummy and daddy sort it out.

What really pisses me off is people who don't google. Let me google that for you is one of my favourite sites to express this.
    Macbook Pro i5 2.4ghz stock. Planned upgrades soon, 8gb of RAM and 500GB MomentousXT Hybrid. :)

Right now? Female tennis players; they are so very un-athletic.

[Edit]Bonus: They scream too much also.
    Yagan Kiely
    Website || IMSLP || Pirate Party Australia
     2008 MacBook Pro 15" ó 2010 MacBook Air 13" ó iPhone 4 (32gb) ó iPad 3G 64gbó etc.

Very simple for me: incompetence

Oh, and when people grate cheese and then put the block back in the fridge without squaring it off so it is neat (yes, I know I should see someone about this...)

Quote Originally Posted by yagankiely View Post
    [Edit]Bonus: They scream too much also.
    They've graduated to screaming? It was always their grunting that disturbed me...

Quote Originally Posted by moto51 View Post
    On the other forums i visit it's 'what gives you the S%^*s' and it's a sticky, always makes for interesting reading and i've been tempted to create a thread on mactalk but never got around to it, there is also an opposite thread called 'what makes you happy today'. Anyway on with the S%^%s... me not having enough creativity or money and needing both. Tourists also piss me off, come to my town, buy all the food, don't know how to swim or surf properly, i'm lucky to even get bread and milk some days.
    Those tourists probably give most people in your town jobs. If they went away, the town would most likely cease to exist. I wouldn't complain.

The phone, the bloody phone, it never stops!!!
    27inch 2011 i7 12GB Ram iMac
    What Else Could I Ask For?

Fog lights when it's not foggy*!

*Or even slightly impeded visibility - why on earth do people have them on in broad daylight (or any other time when it's not pea soup, for that matter)?!

People who donít like to figure things out for themselves. They canít be bothered and just ask you. Grrrrrr.
    Killing two birds with one stone just wastes an opportunity to throw stones!

Quote Originally Posted by decryption View Post
    Those tourists probably give most people in your town jobs. If they went away, the town would most likely cease to exist. I wouldn't complain.
    Actually, we'd pretty much survive without them as we do throughout the rest of the year, I don't mind having them just not the amount that have bombarded our town this year. I can't even buy a bread roll other than wholemeal at lunch time from the bakery.

Not being able to get adsl2 in the new house I just inherited.
    Hopefully iinet comes through but have get probate sorted over (who owns) the phone line.

The cyclists that invade the Adelaide Hills every weekend riding 12 abreast on one lane roads. That and people that chew their food like cows.
    Note: Any advertising image that may appear in my post is placed there automatically by this site and is not endorsed by me personally.

Cars. Don't get me wrong, I love cars, but at this very moment i'm finding it very hard to. Mine needs a transmission flush, cooling system flush and an oil change. About $500 done right. The other car needs a new muffler and a timing belt change. About the same. Add to the fact the second car cost $700 last week to buy and $200 yesterday to register and it now looks like i'll be losing all my savings at once.

Thinking maybe I can save a fair bit if I DIY most of the work, but i'll still need to spend cash on the parts needed to do these jobs, and then there's maintenance like the timing belt which you really don't want to screw up (otherwise it's new engine time).

At least once this is done, that's it for another 100,000kms, but that doesn't make it any easier at this very moment. Ah well.

People who I hardly know who think because I grok computers that It's ok to bother me with problems with their piece of crap PC.

The piece of crap PC that they bought from Catch of the Day or some dodgy eBay seller or down the local computer market.

And then get annoyed like it's my fault because I tell them they should have bought from a dealer who supports what they sell and no I'm not going to waste my time on their piece of crap.

Geez... at least buy a Dell and get a 3 year warranty with it if you can't do your own support, they may be boring black boxes but at least Dell support the bloody things.

And leave me the hell alone! (ok I feel better now)
    Last edited by Geoff3DMN; 20th January 2011 at 09:43 PM.
    iPad Mini 4 128Gb 4G | iPhone 6 64GB | MacBook Pro 13" i5 2.4GHz Retina | Mac Mini i5 | Apple TV 3 |

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko30 View Post
    People who donít like to figure things out for themselves. They canít be bothered and just ask you. Grrrrrr.
    This. No dad/mum, the TV remote, contrary to popular belief DOES NOT have a self destruct button. Using trial and error to work something out for yourself isn't that hard.

Christopher Pine
    Smokers who use the pavement as an ashtray
    Fanboy Pavlov aggression on Mactalk forum
    Disregard for the rules of grammar
    Music played on anything other than a record player or reel to reel
    Swearing
    Cruelty to dumb animals (humans) and not so dumb animals (the rest)
    Spinning beachball of death
    Phone using motorists in bike lanes
    Racists
    Atheists
    Racist Atheists
    Adobe: call centre staff, pricing, everything
    The fact that Gregory Isaacs and Ari Up are dead
    Letters from the widows of dead African tycoons
    Optus coverage
    Rain
    Bristol City
    Things stuck between my teeth
    Mosquitos
    Bad manners
    Bad hats
    Bad breath
    etc
    Last edited by Dubhousing; 20th January 2011 at 09:50 PM.

What pisses me off is the (mostly Asian girls) who always pose and do the 'peace' in photographs - FFS, get a life!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterFnord View Post
    What pisses me off is the (mostly Asian girls) who always pose and do the 'peace' in photographs - FFS, get a life!
    I love this thread already So true!

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast