Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35

Default What Pisses You Off?

Quote Originally Posted by kyte View Post
    I do NOT know what it is about utility companies, but the timing of their billing SUCKS. This never used to happen. But now, I get rates, gas, electric and water *all* due between November 25 and December 25. And they wonder why we don't spend much at Christmas. HELLOOO???? It all goes on staying alive and housed!! (of course, this excludes the usual monthly commitments like phone and net, and house and car insurances) And my car rego etc falls in the second week of November. I stay inside and go nowhere at this time of year.

Sighhhh.
    The same thing happens to me. It took me a while, but I've managed to remove the sting of it by budgeting the average bill amount over 3 months so now when they come the money is already there. Dave Ramsey and YNAB FTW!

Default What Pisses You Off?

Quote Originally Posted by Steeley View Post
    The same thing happens to me. It took me a while, but I've managed to remove the sting of it by budgeting the average bill amount over 3 months so now when they come the money is already there. Dave Ramsey and YNAB FTW!
    I budget too, it works out. I've had to since living on a pension. But the timing still sucks, and it pisses me off.

Shit journalism like this

If you can read instruction from a turn by turn system, surely you can recognize that the road signs are saying something different...

Tourists stranded in searing heat as Apple Maps fails | Mildura

Quote Originally Posted by kyte View Post
    I do NOT know what it is about utility companies, but the timing of their billing SUCKS. This never used to happen. But now, I get rates, gas, electric and water *all* due between November 25 and December 25. And they wonder why we don't spend much at Christmas. HELLOOO???? It all goes on staying alive and housed!! (of course, this excludes the usual monthly commitments like phone and net, and house and car insurances) And my car rego etc falls in the second week of November. I stay inside and go nowhere at this time of year.

Sighhhh.
    Ever since I moved out of home, those things haven't bothered me as I add up the years worth for essentials like that, work out how much I need each month, add a bit more on top and that automatically goes into what I call a bills account. I just pay them as they come in.

My only issues are the usual price hikes, and bills coming in over the xmas break when I'm not around and interstate.

I've had to boost the bills account probably the most in 10 yrs this yr though due to house insurance, health insurance and utilities all going up a lot recently.
    Successful trade with: Clockwork.....(and what a trade!)

Something that pisses me off atleast once a day; people who don't know how to drive around trucks. Especially when trying to merge lanes. Seriously if you see a truck trying to merge, don't f**king speed up beside us trying to get around. Or go past us, merge back in front and then hit the brakes. I don't know how many times i've nearly ran over the top of someone because of this.

Biallystock Guest

I agree, everyone should have taken a few of their driving lessons in the cab of a truck.

Once they realise just how much longer it takes to break a (loaded) truck they wouldn't think it so amusing to enter the "crush" zone in front of one.

You've made me go all misty eyed for the old flat bed! Great for parking on a Saturday night.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35