Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dubhousing View Post
    Disregard for the rules of grammar.
    There. I fixed it for you :P

Quote Originally Posted by decryption View Post
    Those tourists probably give most people in your town jobs. If they went away, the town would most likely cease to exist. I wouldn't complain.
    A bit off topic but.

That reminds me of a story of a US naval town that once complained about the sailors in town and the base's presence. So one pay day the pay officer decided to pay every sailor with $2 notes. Needless to say the town never complained again

/off topic

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff3DMN View Post
    People who I hardly know who think because I grok computers that It's ok to bother me with problems with their piece of crap PC.

The piece of crap PC that they bought from Catch of the Day or some dodgy eBay seller or down the local computer market.

And then get annoyed like it's my fault because I tell them they should have bought from a dealer who supports what they sell and no I'm not going to waste my time on their piece of crap.

Geez... at least buy a Dell and get a 3 year warranty with it if you can't do your own support, they may be boring black boxes but at least Dell support the bloody things.

And leave me the hell alone! (ok I feel better now)
    This annoys me tremendously.

Just this morning I got woken up by a text message from an old dorm mate who NEVER EVER talks to me unless she wants a computer problem solved (she has gone as far as to snub me when walking past).

It's amazing in a uni dorm the amount of people who never actively talk to you (beyond hello) until they have a computer problem.

Some trumped up celebraty/important person from another country that comes here and gets more media and attention from our PM than other heads of state. Not to mention sponsorship from all and sundry. I am truely saddened at the way we as a nation bent rolled over like a lap dog for Oprah.

Yes I know about the tourism dollar and exposure, but what about our culture and pride?

Pet Hate.
    Seeing fast food rubbish on the road, seeing people throwing it out the window of their car.
    These fuckwits roll up at a park, eat their food, then just chuck the rubbish out the window, usually there is a rubbish bin in sight.
    Same in foodhalls, eat and run, fuck everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterFnord View Post
    What pisses me off is the (mostly Asian girls) who always pose and do the 'peace' in photographs - FFS, get a life!
    Dont forget the "duck face" that chicks do in pictures!
    I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship.

Quote Originally Posted by moto51 View Post
    ...I can't even buy a bread roll other than wholemeal at lunch time from the bakery.
    You know, they could bake more bread. You know, in tourist season.

M
    iMac 21.5 i3 3.2 12GB RAM
    iPhone 6 64GB Gold
    iPad Air 2 64GB Wi-Fi + Cellular Gold

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I hate drivers that see a queue of cars, move all the way up the side and pull in in front of everyone because they are too lazy to wait. I once pulled next to a woman and gave her a mouth full after asking why her time was more important than anyone else. She seemed really embarrassed and tried to get away but the bumper to bumper traffic meant she had no where to go.

I once saw a guy pull his car onto a yellow line section to block the area where cars were sneaking in to the front of the queue. He obviously had lots of time and was sick of people pulling in front, but it was beautiful to watch douchebags race to the front thinking they would pull in only to find a car in the way forcing them to go the wrong direction.
    http://twitter.com/TheMissionMan / Photo Page
    MacBook Air 13" 2.0GHz i7/8GB/512GB, iPhone 5 64GB, iPad Mini LTE 64GB, Nikon D700, MB-D10, 24-70 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8, 1.4x, SB700, SB600, Benro C3580T, Benro GH-1, Benro C48T

When the FlyerTalk forum is down- PISSES ME OFF
    MacBook Pro 13" | iPhone 4S 16GB |

Quote Originally Posted by jetsetkiwi View Post
    When the FlyerTalk forum is down- PISSES ME OFF
    All the ads on that site piss me off

Quote Originally Posted by MissionMan View Post
    I hate drivers that see a queue of cars, move all the way up the side and pull in in front of everyone because they are too lazy to wait. I once pulled next to a woman and gave her a mouth full after asking why her time was more important than anyone else. She seemed really embarrassed and tried to get away but the bumper to bumper traffic meant she had no where to go.

I once saw a guy pull his car onto a yellow line section to block the area where cars were sneaking in to the front of the queue. He obviously had lots of time and was sick of people pulling in front, but it was beautiful to watch douchebags race to the front thinking they would pull in only to find a car in the way forcing them to go the wrong direction.
    This!

The forethought of goverments when building our roads.
    People who can't or don't do what they are paid to do, ie work.
    The price of most things in Australia in comparison.
    Having no time for good stuff anymore... remember being a kid and having all the time in the world.
    Optus/Telstra
    Really unhealthy people who don't care.
    Baseball hats worn super high on the head. You look like a fucking idiot son!

I've taken up enough of your time.

Edit: Internet Explorer 7, which i have to use at work.
    | 27" iMac | 15"MBP uni | 3G iPad2 | ATV2 | iPhone5 | iPod video | Apple stickers | Apple juice | dNINTY |
    www.ranz.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by MissionMan View Post
    I hate drivers that see a queue of cars, move all the way up the side and pull in in front of everyone because they are too lazy to wait. I once pulled next to a woman and gave her a mouth full after asking why her time was more important than anyone else. She seemed really embarrassed and tried to get away but the bumper to bumper traffic meant she had no where to go
    it's the best thing about cycling - blocking those cars in the left lane so that they cannot push in. They can rev all they like...

One of the things that makes mad... and I mean really really mad... is this believe I have that I'm Gaius Julius Caesar.

MEN... in their late 30's and onwards who cannot "see" themselves, and believe that women in their late teens and early 20's are gonna find them oooo so hot!

You reckon she'll go for you big time, big boy?
    Awww c'mon - you look like a reflection in a car door.
    What she gonna do? Giggle while she bounces up and down on your massive tummy as she nibbles that big hairy mole on your forehead as if it were her funny wittle chocolate love freckle?

Quote Originally Posted by bosc0 View Post
    ...The forethought of goverments when building our roads....
    Im not sure about other states; but in Perth, the governments somehow love to narrow up the roads. epic examples include
    a) st georges tce (3 lane > 2 lane)
    b) scarborough beach road (2 lane > 1 lane) in certain sections
    c) oxford st (2 lanes > 1 lane)

notice all the above are artery routes; and yet the governments/town planners think its smart to narrow up the roads. ive travelled to many parts of the world and from what i can see; no one; expect west aussies ever make roads smaller esp if its already busy enough.

in singapore homes are forcibly acquired to make way for new roads; but understandable given its a tiny island. here in oz; we have the luxury many dont: space. so instead of cramping everyone into small houses, why not make use of our space.

likewise, californian freeways dont cut it anymore; so they stack freeways on top of each other; instead of going wide; they go up
     27" iMac i7 2.8ghz | 27" iMac i5 2.66ghz | iPhone 5s 64gb | iPhone 5 64gb | iPhone 4 32GB x2 | iPhone 3GS 32GB | iPod Classic 80, 120GB | iPod Touch 8, 16, 32GB
    Original Buyer/Seller Feedback Buyer/Seller Feedback #2

what cheeses me off, is threads that talk about what pisses you off LOL
    visit my blog.......
    Follow my twitter at http://twitter.com/normandy_sr2
    Follow my PING @ Normandy SR2

I hate people whinging about a whinge thread in a whinge thread! and I also am pissed off as my local domayne don't stock magic trackpads, not that i'm going to buy one there but I wanted to try one and JB across the road don't put them on display. What nice F***ing customer care.

Rude members in the trading section of mactalk who are not sticking to the rules.

Vain princesses who think they're irresistible to all men.

Quote Originally Posted by grfxninja View Post
    Oh, and when people grate cheese and then put the block back in the fridge without squaring it off so it is neat (yes, I know I should see someone about this...)
    I thought that was just me...

Quote Originally Posted by Primm View Post
    I thought that was just me...
    Nope... I hate that too
    iPad Mini 4 128Gb 4G | iPhone 6 64GB | MacBook Pro 13" i5 2.4GHz Retina | Mac Mini i5 | Apple TV 3 |

+1 for hating that, I make sure I cut it square or grate it so that it's almost square

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast