Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

» Join the discussions, Register Now!

Question How to backup or copy iPad music to computer on Mac

I want to transfer my iPad music to new computer on Mac. I dont know whether iTunes can transfer music from iPad or not?(some songs didn't buy via iTunes.) If not, how can i do it? Can you nice guys give a efficient way or easy guide to work out this puzzle?
    Thanks so much.

Have you transferred your iTunes to the new Mac? This will help the iPad sync with it and transfer the songs.
    Not knowing what you're situation is but on your old Mac is to transfer the entire iTunes Folder out of the Music Folder and put the iTunes Folder into the Music Folder on the new Mac.
    There are quite a few ways to do this, have you backed up everything onto an external HardDrive, have you got wireless on both your macs and can connect to each other through a router, ie your modem possibly, or any chance that you have a FireWire cable to join the Macs or even an Ethernet cable which is more likely to have then the others.
    Let us know what you have and someone will help explaining syncing your old Mac to your new Mac to transfer your files over.
    27inch 2011 i7 12GB Ram iMac
    What Else Could I Ask For?

Smile Transfer iPod/iPhone/iPad to computer

itunes only allows to sync music with one computer. if you connect your ipad to itunes on a different computer and try to sync the music, you will get a warning that you can only sync with one computer and that all music on the iphone will be wiped if you try to sync with this new computer.
    Follow this article about How to transfer iPod/iPhone/iPad to computer ,which includes the transferring of music, photos, videos, SMS, Contact ect. between iPod/iPhone/iPad and computer(PC or Mac).
    Last edited by sinasan; 24th January 2011 at 12:28 PM.

appleluntanyi Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sinasan View Post
    itunes only allows to sync music with one computer. if you connect your ipad to itunes on a different computer and try to sync the music, you will get a warning that you can only sync with one computer and that all music on the iphone will be wiped if you try to sync with this new computer.
    Follow this article about How to transfer iPod/iPhone/iPad to computer ,which includes the transferring of music, photos, videos, SMS, Contact ect. between iPod/iPhone/iPad and computer(PC or Mac).
    Thank you! I just transferred my iTunes info to a new computer and sync'd the iPad to the new computer perfectly on the first try without losing anything!

As i know Apple will only an iPhone to be synched with one computer at a time. I've had similar issues and had to use a program to transfer the music from my iPhone to my computer, then transfer the music from that program to my itunes account. There may be other ways, but that was my experience.

It is for only songs you purchased in iStore, and you need to have a dgree in computer science, since it seems so complicated to do it.

The OP has transferred all of the iTunes folder which includes the data-base with account details and playlist structures to his new Mac. On first use when either playing or syncing a purchased track he will be prompted to add his iTunes credentials, username and password to authorize the use of he tracks which can be played on five devices. It will be a good idea to deauthorize your old computer if you're not using it
    Last edited by sirstaunch; 6th June 2011 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Correction:
    27inch 2011 i7 12GB Ram iMac
    What Else Could I Ask For?

Follow this article about How to transfer iPad music to computer,which includes the transferring of music, photos, videos, SMS, Contact ect. between iPod/iPhone/iPad and computer(PC or Mac).
    Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by WilsonRudolf; 7th April 2016 at 07:09 PM.

How to transfer iPod Touch data to computer ?How to copy iPod artwork, playlists, ratings, play counts to PC ? Or how to import iPod videos, movies, TV shows to iTunes ? You can try Coolmuster iPod to Computer app.
    Last edited by Egspriinn; 24th August 2016 at 11:53 AM.

This is good, thanks for your share. For iPhone or ipad users, if we want to transfer or backup data to pc or Mac computer, we can use direct data transfer tool, itunes doesn’t allow us to transfer the data directly, so when we want to backup or transfer these pics to pc, it can be a little bit complicated.
    I think a data transfer or backup tool can help a lot, you can transfer music from ipad to computer and Mac easily.
    Last edited by Fenne; 19th September 2016 at 04:14 PM.

Follow this article about How to transfer iPod/iPhone/iPad to mac,which includes the transferring of music, photos, videos, SMS, Contact ect. between iPod/iPhone/iPad and computer(PC or Mac).
    This is a good alternative. Other free transfer app are: iFunbox, iTools or iExplorer
    Last edited by thirockets; 24th November 2016 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Egspriinn View Post
    How to transfer iPod Touch data to computer ?How to copy iPod artwork, playlists, ratings, play counts to PC ? Or how to import iPod videos, movies, TV shows to iTunes ? You can try Coolmuster iPod to Computer app.
    Another tool from Coolmuster called Coolmuster iOS Assistant, is able to manage and transfer your iDevices data on computer, supported files contacts, text messages, notes, calendars, bookmarks, music, videos, photos, books and apps.
    Last edited by Vpmsae; 8th June 2017 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vpmsae View Post
    Another tool from Coolmuster called Coolmuster iOS Assistant, is able to manage and transfer your iDevices data on computer, supported files contacts, text messages, notes, calendars, bookmarks, music, videos, photos, books and apps.
    Thank you so much , once the iPhone data has been succeed backup to computer , we can manage them on computer in easy way and we can restore iPhone data anytime
    Last edited by Pankserty; 3rd July 2017 at 11:26 AM.

These Suggestions are right,if you are going to backup iPhone data to computer ,the common way is transfer your data to computer ,
    Like me , you can transfer iPhone messages and photos to computer
    Last edited by Maskeerty; 5th July 2017 at 08:16 PM.