Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Merlin Project vs Conceptdraw Project

Hi guys...

Does anyone have experience with Merlin Project or Conceptdraw project.

I am looking for a project management / task management software. It also seems like Merlin and Conceptdraw project cost the same as well.

Any reviews / user comments?

Please advice. Thanks

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I prefer Merlin over Conceptdraw. I played with ConceptDraw, Merlin and OmniPlan for a while before I ended up going with Merlin.

ConceptDraw Project reminds me a little of a small package, whilst Merlin has more of an enterprise look and feel. Merlin feels more robust, professional and well made. Merlin also has additional functionality for managing risks, issues, checklists etc so you can right click on a task and add a risk to that task which will appear on your reports so it saves you having to carry additional spreadsheets or databases for risk and issue management.
    http://twitter.com/TheMissionMan / Photo Page
    MacBook Air 13" 2.0GHz i7/8GB/512GB, iPhone 5 64GB, iPad Mini LTE 64GB, Nikon D700, MB-D10, 24-70 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8, 1.4x, SB700, SB600, Benro C3580T, Benro GH-1, Benro C48T

I think also that Merlin is a lot more scalable over larger organisations.
    Your decision will depend a lot on what kind and how complex your projects are.
    Lots of good reviews for Merlin on the innernet.
    I've used Conceptdraw before and it was OK - more because it suited a small operation like mine but I have a mate who uses Merlin in a large architectural firm and he swears by it.

Stewie
    Lotsa Macs - PM's , G3's , G4's & Powerbooks - Love 'em
    ----------------