Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Where is Steve Jobs?

I hope this isn't a repost, (I did a search for it)

YouTube - iPhone 4 Problems and an Apple Fanboy's unblemished view of Steve Jobs

Don't read too much into it, its just a funny video, had a good laugh

There's something about these videos that I hate. They're so one-sided. Like really, I could have bought any phone I wanted. I chose iPhone 4. The most expensive out of them all by far. I could have had a Samsung Galaxy if I wanted. It's not that I have an iPhone but wish I could have something else so I convince myself Apple are the best ever. No. Does the HTC Evo have a retina display so I don't have to zoom in on everything? Does it have a form factor as beautiful as the iPhone 4? Does it have iOS? Does it have all those cool apps? Does it have an easy way to manage everything as good as iTunes? I don't want to be ''free''. I jailbreak, it provides all the small tweaks I need. IMO, iPhone is the best phone. I'd just like to see somebody make a video with both sides of the argument.
    :P

Well I didn't mean to offend by posting it.

I have an Iphone4 32gig and love it, had it for about 2-3 months and love it.
    To me it is like having a computer in your pocket.

Does everything I want in a portable device

Have I experienced any of the problems mentioned? nope

Any product you buy, regardless if it is a toaster or a new Mercedes, there is going to be some that fail and have faults.

I just found it a laugh, that's all.

I'm not offended at all. I see where you're coming from and I guess it is funny in a way but it is a bit ridiculous reading all the comments flaming Apple and then the ones trying to put things in perspective are marked as spam. Honestly if a better phone came out from Microsoft I would be first in line but iPhone is just the best phone right now, and most reviewers agree. AT&T must be tough for americans but over here its an amazing phone and entertainment device.
    :P

It is good here in Hobart, provided you have Telstra

I have used both Iphon4's in Hobart with Telstra and Vodaphone and the Vodaphone 3g internet is like dialup,

if you get a product like this, and you want mobile data go with Telstra

that's my opinion anyway...

These videos are flame bait - nothing more. They generate hits and comments from fanboys and haters alike. Its the whole reason they're posted and thats why I generally ignore them - also because they are so one sided. Like most people here I bought the iPhone 3G and now the 4 because it has the features I like. Since then I've invested in the apps, and for that reason I'll probably stick around for subsequent versions too.

I could crap on about why I like the iPhone here but I'm preaching to the converted so no need really ;-)
    Brian

I like the video, its funny. Its funny because all the problems listed about the iPhone 4 are true. They just dont happen to every phone and they dont all happen on problem units. But thats what makes it funny.

Quote Originally Posted by brian_g View Post
    These videos are flame bait - nothing more. They generate hits and comments from fanboys and haters alike. Its the whole reason they're posted and thats why I generally ignore them - also because they are so one sided.
    Perfectly describes Apple ads