the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by nbetts View Post
    Here would be my wish list for REV 4
    Site to Site Transporter
    AM/FM radio
    I take issue with these 2 items!

It's been clearly stated by the doctor that Transmats (aka site to site transporters) are bad for your health (I suspect that they must use wifi somehow to transmit the data but you'd have to confirm that with Brains).

Secondly an AM/FM radio is a bit passe... I'd want at least DAB.
    iPad Mini 4 128Gb 4G | iPhone 6 64GB | MacBook Pro 13" i5 2.4GHz Retina | Mac Mini i5 | Apple TV 3 |

Quote Originally Posted by tom5955 View Post
    Sometimes I wish there was a 'like' button on this forum.
    Um...
    Trading Feedback: El Guardo

Quote Originally Posted by rav3n View Post
    I dont think apple will incorporate firewire/esata in the mba anytime in the near future. We will probably see usb 3 in the next macbook air update. I would also bet usb 3 is coming in the next mbp update that is no doubt on its way.
    IMO we wont get USB 3 till intel implement it in there chipsets which i believe they have delayed till 2012! (aka they dont want it to happen)

Maybe we will see lightport first?
    Mac Pro Dual Xeon 2.8GHz Quad, 6GB Ram, 128GB SSD+320GB+3x1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX285, Mac OS X 10.7
    My Flickr | Portfolio/Photoblog

Quote Originally Posted by mac_man_luke View Post
    IMO we wont get USB 3 till intel implement it in there chipsets which i believe they have delayed till 2012! (aka they dont want it to happen)

Maybe we will see light peak first?
    Got a source for that?

(correction on the product name)
     iPhone & iPhone 3GS, Macbook Pro 17" C2D 2.8ghz. iMac alu. 20" C2D 2ghz. iMac 20" CD 2ghz & Cube 450mhz. Website

In all seriousness, I think the one thing the mba could use INSTEAD of the 3 usb ports is an expresscard slot. Expresscard = pci-e x1. Then you just buy a bunch of cards with the ports you need. You want gigabit ethernet? There's a card for that. You want e-sata? There's a card for that. You want usb3? There's a card for that.

In fact, that can be their new tagline. Not 'there's an app for that', but 'there's a card for that' =P

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3