Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
    entropy's Avatar entropy is offline It's the heat death of the universe, my friends

Default Carindale Brisbane slated for Apple Store!

Less than one kilometre away. Yay!
    second-brisbane-area-store-idd/
    27 inch imac i7 3.4Ghz 2011 12,2 OSX 10.8

Oh yay, no more going either 50km north or 100km south!

No idea where they'd go in there... though guess there's plenty of room.

Not good news for the 3 existing Mac retailers...
    MacTalk - the bianca's of geekdom
    thecosmichobo - as seen on YouTube - "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" "Bigger on the Inside?" "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!" and lots more!

Awesome. I'm sick of the massive trips to Chermside. Soon I might be able to just drop by an Apple store without it taking up half the day.

Yay, I too am sick of the trek to Chermside... now I'll only be 15 minutes from a household full of beautiful but unjustified gadgets and certain bankruptcy.
    Bennettnz
    Macbook Pro 13"/Mac Pro 2.66ghz quad/imac 24" x 3/iMac 21"/iMac 17"/G5 1.8 ghz/eMac 1.25ghz/Apple TV/iPad/iPhone... iDebt massive - (thanks Steve!)

Nice! Southside FTW! :-P

I thought this was mentioned a while ago?

Anyway, wondering which so-called sporting goods is going to be replaced - there's the Rebel Sports or Lorna Jane on L1...!

Looking forward to the 10 minute drive
    15" MacBook Pro C2D 2.6Ghz 6Gb RAM, 320GB 7200 HDD, 512 VRAM & 23" Cinema Display
    3g iPod 30GB & 4g iPod photo 60GB & 512Mb shuffle & 2g shuffle & iPod touch 8GB
    & 3G iPhone 16Gb

flickr

I still think a street CBD store would be much more exciting but having one on the south side will be nice. I really just don't like indoor shopping centres but do prefer Carindale to Chermside.

I'd love to see Apple open a flagship store on Queen St Mall, but I think they're still waiting for the right time, and the right vacancy.
    Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two...

Rebel have only just opened up shop (if they have at all???).
    MacTalk - the bianca's of geekdom
    thecosmichobo - as seen on YouTube - "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" "Bigger on the Inside?" "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!" and lots more!

Rebel are moving downstairs to where Crazy Clarks used to be, leaving the Rebel store upstairs vacant, darn good position.

Myer, DJ and JB might be a little pinged off though.

I have heard that Carindale might be getting some redevelopment soon. Maybe this will include the new Apple store?
    iMac i5 retina 24GB, Macbook Air i7, iPad Air 2 128GB, iPad Air 2 64GB, iPhone 6s and lots of old stuff.

This will be awesome! Like seriously, this tops the time when JB hi fi just opened!
    Good morning Vietnam!

Carindale is to undergo major renovations. The old site of the Rebel Sport Store will be connection to the new construction, apparently.