Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

» Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: risky ipad use

Default risky ipad use

I cant watch - my gf is reading her ipad in the bath

Its her ipad, so if she is confident of not dropping it...

I wonder what the Apple policy on drowned ipads is

Quote Originally Posted by Renoman View Post
    I cant watch - my gf is reading her ipad in the bath

Its her ipad, so if she is confident of not dropping it...

I cant believe what i'm reading...

Maybe you should post a picture of this careless act ! :laugh::laugh:

Cheers

Dan

Isnt it the same as the iphone? where you pay for a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by danjohn1 View Post
    I cant believe what i'm reading...

Maybe you should post a picture of this careless act ! :laugh::laugh:

Cheers

Dan
    I knew as soon as i hit submit what the first comment would entail

No.

Well you know, if it's a bubble bath... with the right lighting... I'm sure you could have the pic submitted here from your iPhone before she's had time to grab a towel and chase you...
    MacTalk - the bianca's of geekdom
    thecosmichobo - as seen on YouTube - "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!" and lots more!

Couldn't help myself

Quote Originally Posted by danjohn1 View Post
    Couldn't help myself
    trust me - i would have done the same

the problem is she might drop it whilst attempting to get out of the bath, hunt me down through the house and kill me... and then make me pay for the drowned ipad because it was clearly my fault.

discretion is often the better part of valour.

Quote Originally Posted by Renoman View Post
    The policy is buy a new iPad.

an iPad that has failed due to damage is eligible for Out-of-Warranty service. However,*certain damage is ineligible for OOW service, including*liquid damage, catastrophic damage, such as the device separating into multiple pieces,*and inoperability caused by unauthorized modifications.

damn, the ipad REALLY needs a front facing camera now!
    17" MacBook Pro core i7, 32Gig iPhone 3Gs, 32Gig iPad

I would be more worried about what the steam from the bath will do to the internals of the ipad! The dock connector and speakers are at the bottom there, just the right place to suck up some steam and start the dreaded water damage.
    Trades with, Huy, PatrickH, tkilik11, chris, Taezar, bennyling, Simo, stewiesno1, MissionMan, cgollner, napes, mechcon, lama323, snagage, ClockWork, Beau, Rasta, Freeze, Petecario, Simmo, Tokevmur, Beaner, thebookfreak58, Boddiz, neg2led, Foxy

Quote Originally Posted by TheKeddi View Post
    I would be more worried about what the steam from the bath will do to the internals of the ipad! The dock connector and speakers are at the bottom there, just the right place to suck up some steam and start the dreaded water damage.
    Mmm, very good point... steam would seep in anywhere...
    thecosmichobo - as seen on YouTube - "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!" and lots more!

It's obviously a generalisation, but… in my experience many women have little respect for tech gadgets. I have female friends who let their babies chew on their iPhones. Another significant female in my life fairly chucks her MacBook on the sofa when she's done with it, refuses to attach the power cord with the correct orientation (so that the cable is already fractured internally), always lets something catch in the closed lid.

Or am I just too picky.

The power cord has a correct orientation? :P

Apart from that, yes, you should see my friend's iPhone 3G she's ruined!

In another incident, a child she was babysitting vomited on her boyfriend's iPad! :o

Dont tend to have different outlooks compared to us. they take care of their handbags (esp those costing more than my car), purses (again in the region of a new imac), etc

Pics or it didn't happen.

Omg, just be careful!

Geeks abound! why are we talking about this? and pics of it? You should be "attending" to your girl!!!

I too use my iPad in the bath! As I'm male, overweight and hairy, I'll spare you the pics proving the situation. I have also used my Macbook and an iPhone in that particular spot too. In fact all I want to do now is have a nice warm bath and go to bed. Hmm.

I use it with a Padacs leather case and just prop it up to sit on my chest or occasionally let it sit on the side of the bath. I don't really notice the steam off the bath but maybe I'm just blind. Or dumb. Is there anything in the warranty that stipulates you can't use the iPad in a steamy environment?
    Moo.

Quote Originally Posted by BoxDog View Post
    I don't really notice the steam off the bath but maybe I'm just blind. Or dumb.
    That's the problem with water vapour, it's generally invisible to the naked eye. If you've got a bathtub of hot water it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by BoxDog View Post
    Is there anything in the warranty that stipulates you can't use the iPad in a steamy environment?
    Yup, Environmental conditions in the specs state a maximum relative humidity of 95%. You'll easily exceed that sitting in the bath, when the water condenses internally it'll trigger the liquid sensors.

Be a shit to live in a climate that regularly reaches 100% humidity... oh, sorry to everyone still living in Darwin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast