Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default WD My Book Studio Edition not being recognized

Hi guys,

I have noticed that the My Book Studio Edition 1TB for Mac is no longer being recognized.

I can hear it and feel it spinning but the light indicators on the front are no longer on.

The drive is also not being recognized after I have attempted to shut down, restart and unplug the power.

I have also tried to turn it on by pressing the power button but still nothing.

Any ideas on what the problem can be?

Cheers

This has happened many times with me & after a few hours or so it magically just works again. Is it recognised in Disk Utility?

GlossyMac
    Who doesn't love camping out in the freezing cold, infront of an Apple Store, tbe day before a new product is released ;)

Can you try a different cable?

Different port on the computer?

Different computer?

It is WD... much as I appreciated the free replacement drive I received recently, the more I look the more I see people having issues with this brand.
    MacTalk - the bianca's of geekdom
    thecosmichobo - as seen on YouTube - "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" "Bigger on the Inside?" "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!" and lots more!

cheekyage, try the WD drive on a different computer; if it's a Mac, see if it appears in Disk Utility, if it is a Windows machine, see if it shows up in Disk Management. If it cannot be seen then the enclosure has done what far too many WD enclosures do -- die. They're horrible.

The drive inside should be fine, if you decide to move it to a different enclosure.