Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Thread: Apple Boxes

Default Apple Boxes

Why are some items granted a special moulded container or at least a great cardboard package worth keeping, while things like the "Airport" line are throw away crappy cases?

Yes Apple are going to have to unify packaging or just get the best deal $$$ on packaging and know that the "designdincalifornassembldinchina" sells to the ultra masses...

My guess is that they put the more attractive boxes on items people are more likely to buy as impulse purchases, or to attract people who don't really know exactly what they're looking for (things like iPods).
    Whereas the throwaway stuff seems to be for more 'technical' items like Airports where people know what they want before they go to buy it.
     15" MacBook Pro Core2Duo 2.66Ghz | iPhone 5 32GB |  iPad Retina 3rd Generation 32GB Wifi
    Trading feedback thread

I sent an Airport Extreme recently and had to strip the broken box and was frustrated that it was nothing close to an ordinary flip top package...

edit: Hey it's coming your way NinjaCatFish!!! please tell me how it arrives!
    Last edited by timothy; 22nd September 2010 at 11:14 PM. Reason: NinjaCatFish