Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Still awaiting refund from Apple

So i had bought a refurb 27" iMac from the Apple Online Store a couple of weeks ago but but it was faulty...

So rather than have them send me another refurb iMac (Which i am paranoid will also be faulty) - i asked them to send me a refund so i can just buy a NEW MBP..

anyway.. that was fine.. TNT came and collected the iMac on Tuesday..
    The next day i checked my account on the Apple website and i see they have received it back and have 'refunded' the funds..

And now it's Friday, and i am still waiting for the money to appear in my account.
    I am so annoyed cause now it's Friday, i'm unlikely to see that money till next week.

Money transfers into my account are usually cleared over-night.

Now i'm going to be without my new MBP for the weekend

Anyone have any similar experiences? how long did it take to see the money back in your account?

Last edited by MarkW; 1st September 2010 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkW View Post
    You probably would'nt have had the MBP by the weekend anyway.
    As soon as the money appears back in my account i'll be going and buying the MBP from either Dick Smith or the Apple Retail Store... So yeah, i was really hoping to have it by the weekend.

So much for that tho... i just called Apple.. they said the refund has been processed.. so it is a holdup between Apples bank, and it being cleared into mine.

Quote Originally Posted by forno View Post
    These things take time

it's 2010 and we still have to wait DAYS for funds to clear in direct money transfers. SO annoying! No new MBP for me this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by black_nail View Post
    it's 2010 and we still have to wait DAYS for funds to clear in direct money transfers. SO annoying! No new MBP for me this weekend
    The year has nothing to do with it when the banks are involved, If they had their way they would hold on to your money for weeks and call it administration

Quote Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
    The year has nothing to do with it when the banks are involved, If they had their way they would hold on to your money for weeks and call it administration
    Yeah i know... Bastards!

don't mind me.. i'm just all pissy and annoyed cause i was so looking forward to having my new computer to play with for the weekend

As soon as the money appears back in my account i'll be going and buying the MBP from either Dick Smith or the Apple Retail Store... So yeah, i was really hoping to have it by the weekend.

So much for that tho... i just called Apple.. they said the refund has been processed.. so it is a holdup between Apples bank, and it being cleared into mine.

As long as you kow the money is coming, go and get it on credit

Quote Originally Posted by forno View Post
    As long as you kow the money is coming, go and get it on credit
    Famous last words.

Pick up Tuesday
    Deliver to Apple Wednesday
    Unbox & check late Wednesday or early Thursday
    Paper work Thursday
    Bank instructions late Thursday early Friday
    Money clearance dependant on account type and institution maybe upto 3 days

These things take time

Anyone have any similar experiences? how long did it take to see the money back in your account?
    Credit card refunds are annoying, they always take days and days. It's the suckiest part of the credit card system.

Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    Credit card refunds are annoying, they always take days and days. It's the suckiest part of the credit card system.
    Yeah.. it's funny isn't it how quick the money can be ripped away from your account.. but trying to get it back in there is a real hassel.

Quote Originally Posted by leon View Post
    Took about 2 weeks for me.
    OMFG!
    wow.. ok then..
    i guess i should sit back and try to stress less.. My waiting may be only in the beginning stages!

what a nightmare!

Yeah.. it's funny isn't it how quick the money can be ripped away from your account.. but trying to get it back in there is a real hassel.

OMFG!
    wow.. ok then..
    i guess i should sit back and try to stress less.. My waiting may be only in the beginning stages!

what a nightmare!
    Apple clearly stated to me in a form that I had to sign that the refund will take 10 business days to clear. They told me that the Mac that I sent back will have to be checked by their refurb team first to make sure that it is in the condition that I stated it was in.
    Then they would go ahead and issue the refund. By saying that they have "processed" your refund, they may have been referring to the fact that they have actually started the ball rolling on your refund (ie. that they have agreed to issue you one), and not necessarily that they have transferred money yet.
    Something about Jimby.

Took about 2 weeks for me.
    Something about Jimby.