Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default My proposal for opening links in Tweetdeck in landscape mode

I made a quick knock up in Photoshop.

Tweetdeck is the only app I browse regularly in portrait mode, and it's only because I can let a link load while I continue browsing my stream.

This implementation fits with the common iPad interface idea of a column on the left and content filling the rest of the space.

So what do we all think?
    16GB 3G iPad | 32GB iPhone 4s | 27 inch 2.7GHZ i5 iMac

That's cool, have you looked at Flipboard for iPad it's great in flipping pages and shows articles like a newspaper layout and having about 3 or 4 tweets on the one page. It's super fast opening web pages if you needed to read an entire article.
    27inch 2011 i7 12GB Ram iMac
    What Else Could I Ask For?

tweetdeck does nothing but crash on my iPad when I open a link. twitteriffic works but I like the tweetdeck layout better.
    This opinion intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron View Post
    tweetdeck does nothing but crash on my iPad when I open a link. twitteriffic works but I like the tweetdeck layout better.
    That's the other reason why I browse Tweetdeck in portrait mode. I gave up racing to the "Open In Safari" button in landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by sirstaunch View Post
    That's cool, have you looked at Flipboard for iPad it's great in flipping pages and shows articles like a newspaper layout and having about 3 or 4 tweets on the one page. It's super fast opening web pages if you needed to read an entire article.
    I used it for a bit, but couldn't really see much need for it, which is ironic coming from an iPad user. I'll give it another shot tonight.