Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Cannot recover iphone 4 after 4.02 upgrade

Hi Guys,
    Yesterday I did a 4.02 upgrade via itunes. Towards the end of the upgrade an error was generated and the iphone 4 went into recovery mode.
    The problem is now whenever I try and do a recovery it gets about 25% of the way then just stops (no errors, just no progress). I've left it for up to a couple of hours. I end up having to unplug the phone to start again.

I've tried puting the phone in DFU mode, but the same thing happens. I've tried, using both a mac and PC but the same thing happens on both. I've downloaded the firmware image a few times via itunes on different computers and am confident its not corrupt.

I've spoke to apple technical support and they just go me to do the same things I had already tried before calling them. In the end they said that I would need to take it to a genius bar (two hours drive for me, but have an appointment on wednesday).

Anyone got any other suggestions I could try?

Thanks,
    Stephen

Try putting it into DFU mode again, but restore to 4.0.1. Also make sure you are running the latest iTunes.
     Mac Pro 2x2.26GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon/16GB/3x1TB WD (Black) + 80GB Intel X-25M G2 |  24" LED Cinema Display |  MBP 13" 2.26GHz/4GB/120GB Intel X-25M SSD + 500GB (Optical Bay) |  Mac Mini 2.0GHz/4GB/320GB/256MB 9400M.

Wow who deleted my post? Dean Corp you can't downgrade to 4.0.1 as Apple are not signing those shsh's anymore. You need to kick the phone out of recovery mode!! I wont name the programs to use as my post got deleted last time.......

Quote Originally Posted by torana355 View Post
    Wow who deleted my post? Dean Corp you can't downgrade to 4.0.1 as Apple are not signing those shsh's anymore. You need to kick the phone out of recovery mode!! I wont name the programs to use as my post got deleted last time.......
    You post didn't get deleted, the OP started this thread twice in two different forums (that wasn't necessary). I'm closing this one, please continue the discussion in the other thread.

http://forums.mactalk.com.au/31/9060...2-upgrade.html