Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default iPhone Movie folders?

Has anyone found a way to create folders of movies?

I have quite a few on my iPhone and would like to create some folders for better organisation but there doesn't appear to be a way to do it [in iTunes, or otherwise]

i dont think it will, as long as they are in itunes, they would sync to the iphone, as is. I'm looking at mine now, and under Video's, it just has TV Shows and Podcasts.
    .: iPhone 3GS - 32gig - black .:. iMac 24" Intel .:. iPad 64gig Wi-Fi + 3G .:. 2011 17" MBP :.

Try changing the file attributes in itunes (cmd i) to tv show, this should then organise the movies by season which you can stipulate.

Default Can create a Playlist

Just after I created this thread, I thought I might be able to create playlists as a workaround - it sorta achieves the same thing.

Default Smart Playlists are the answer

Quote Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
    Try changing the file attributes in itunes (cmd i) to tv show, this should then organise the movies by season which you can stipulate.

Cheers for that Balthazar you put me onto the answer.

In the "get info" for each movie I put in the name of the movie category and then used that detail to create "Smart Playlists" whilst the iPhone was connected to iTunes and it worked like a charm