Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

My PowerBook G4 12" has a ratteling noise coming from the right side of the display. I believe it is a loose screw... Should I take it to my local AppleCentre to get fixed (the machine is still under warranty) Should I take it to get fixed or not worry about it...?

Of course, Take it in and get it seen to. Thats what the warranty is for!!!!!!
    2.26ghz Macbook
    iPhone 4

Why Not! If it is still under warranty it won't cost you anything, and it will give you greater peace of mind knowing that whatever it was that was causing the issue has been fixed.

EDIT: Oh, and take it easy with the bumping, three new posts in the space of 6 minutes is just annoying!
    My gut is telling me no... but my gut is also very hungry...

Yeah... also, you don't want to try and open up the screen yourself: the LCD's aer very very easy to break if you are DIY fixing in that area. And I have deleted your "bump" posts: in future, just trust that the best Apple site in Australia will have someone who can promptly answer your query.
    1.0Ghz 15" TiBook, MBP 13" 2.4/4/256, MBA 13" 2013 1.7/8/128 SSD, 1st Gen 5GB iPod (mint condition), 2nd Gen 10GB iPod, iPod video, nano and shuffle, iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPhone 5 32GB

ozi, i have sent you a pm...