Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

» Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Who got their phone and did you get a bumper?

Hi guys!

My niece is trying to get me a phone this morning in Adelaide.

She is going to the telstra seller in a shopping centre.

Just a question? did you get a bumper form the shop for free or is it a thing where you have to get it straight from Apple?

thanks,

Ohh and how much outright are they??? the iPhone4?
    Trades with, Huy, PatrickH, tkilik11, chris, Taezar, bennyling, Simo, stewiesno1, MissionMan, cgollner, napes, mechcon, lama323, snagage, ClockWork, Beau, Rasta, Freeze, Petecario, Simmo, Tokevmur, Beaner, thebookfreak58, Boddiz, neg2led, Foxy

I got a free bumper from Optus. I don't believe it's the genuine Apple one however.
    Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz (unibody) / PowerMac G5 Dual 2.3Ghz / iPhone 3G
    Successful trades: ryano, hMc, fickwalker

i got a flyer from telstra when i picked up my iphone telling me to get the app from the app store to order my bumper... haven't seen it in the app store yet though.

Same here, have to get from Apple direct, got my Iphone from Telstra store.

telstra, and paperwork here too. no bumper app..
    • Mac Mini 2.0ghz Intel 4GB ram (apple wireless keyboard/magic mouse) • DroBo V2 • Macbook PRO 2.33ghz Intel 3GB ram + 60GB SSD • Imac G4 13inch 1.0ghz 1.25GB ram • iPad 2 16GB Wifi • AppleTV Gen2 • iPhone 4 16GB • iPhone 4S 16GB

Telstra gave out a "useful" flyer telling you to go to apple.com.au for details. Can't see the bumper app on the App Store, nor any mention of it on the Oz apple site (that said, the iPhone 4 page on the australian apple site still has "notify me" on the actual page)

Quote Originally Posted by macpom View Post
    Telstra gave out a "useful" flyer telling you to go to apple.com.au for details.
    Same here. But I'm not even sure I want to put a case on this beautiful phone anyway

Vzzzbx's Avatar Vzzzbx is offline There is a god and his name is NOT Bob Ellis

No bumper from Telstra.

I cannot believe the screen on this thing. You really can't see the pixels. It actually looks like a piece of paper. Slightly unnerving tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by peterz View Post
    I got a free bumper from Optus. I don't believe it's the genuine Apple one however.
    I checked it out in the flesh this morning and can confirm that it's not the official Apple Bumper.

On a side note, the Apple Store in Perth has no iPhone 4 cases.

In the Apple Store Sydney: No bumpers/cases. The staff said it will be program similar to the one in the US.

Same here, bought this morning from Optusworld store. I got a cheapy made in china bumper, not as nice as the real deal so I hope I can get a rebate on the official one.

I want my bluddy bumper. If I don't get it soon I'll cry. I'm too scared to take the plastic off the front and back of my phone and I can't hear the person on the other end. Boo fricking hoo.
    Moo.

Awww, is someone upset because they didn't get a new iProduct on launch day?
     iPhone 4 16GB
     27" i5 iMac

Quote Originally Posted by BoxDog View Post
    I want my bluddy bumper. If I don't get it soon I'll cry. I'm too scared to take the plastic off the front and back of my phone and I can't hear the person on the other end. Boo fricking hoo.
    FYI, the bumper wont protect the front or back of your phone, only the metal around the outside... Its literally like a big rubber band... i got my cheap and nasty Optus one too.. but i was prepared and bought a 3rd party cover last night!

This is the bumper I got free from optus. Not sure if anyone got the same one?

Feedback (6)

Quote Originally Posted by mattcooper View Post
    This is the bumper I got free from optus. Not sure if anyone got the same one?

My cousin had the same from Optus. He doesn't think much of it and has fitted a different one that covers the back of the phone as well.
    "He could already picture the YouTube page…and, underneath the little video pane, the first of many thousands of all-capital-letter comments sent in by all the world's useless fuckwits." --Neal Stephenson, Reamde

Got the iPhone last night from T-Life, no bumper was given, went into the Apple Store at Chaddy this morning and the dude working there said there would be something up on the website tomorrow about how to register to get the free bumper. They didnt have any that they were giving away in the Apple Store there.

Checked with the staff at apple store, she said the app will be on app store / itune tomorrow.

Purchased from Telstra. No bumper was given. I think I'd rather opt for a proper case that protects the back too

livestrong band FTW

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast