Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

View Poll Results: Which Melbourne T-Life store will you be attending for the midnight iPhone4 launch?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bentleigh

0 0%
  • Port Melbourne

4 6.45%
  • South Yarra

1 1.61%
  • Camberwell

2 3.23%
  • Chadstone

11 17.74%
  • Doncaster

9 14.52%
  • Melbourne (City)

16 25.81%
  • I cant be bothered going out in the cold.

7 11.29%
  • I am going to take the risk and wait till its daylight!

12 19.35%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bed View Post
    argh still debating what time to turn up to Chadstone. Hopefully *someone* gets there early and can tweet or post about the (hopefully lack of) queue. hah.
    I was planning to go there mate,but now convinced with the DHI [Dual Handset Instalment] option from Three,so will be going to Doncaster tonight
    Microsoft Developer by day | iPhone Developer by night

Quote Originally Posted by iphonedev View Post
    I see an option as SouthYarra,what's there??
    Can somebody answer this?
    Microsoft Developer by day | iPhone Developer by night

Quote Originally Posted by iphonedev View Post
    Can somebody answer this?
    T-Life store on Chapel street, next to Tokyo Teppanyaki, near the corner of Toorak (same side as Jam Factory, towards Toorak)
    "Some say, that if you hold him in the wrong way, he doesn't work properly..."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

Don't suppose anyone's near T-Life on Cnr Bourke/Swanston that could tell me if there's a queue yet?
    - Jeremy Clarkson

Vzzzbx's Avatar Vzzzbx is offline There is a god and his name is NOT Bob Ellis

I didn't see a queue there half an hour ago, but I didn't go inside.

Optus Bourke street has a queue of 5 people.

T-Life has no queue outside, didn't go upstairs to see if there is one forming up there yet. Will check it out before I leave work to see if it's going to be a large crowd at midnight. Thinking about getting in about 6-7am tomorrow and getting one before work if they are still available.

Isn't it a bit sad to line up before the store is shut for the day? Show some restraint people...

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    Isn't it a bit sad to line up before the store is shut for the day? Show some restraint people...
    I think it is quite pointless. Might have to get there at 9pm judging by queues at Optus :/
    iPhone 4 32gb Black

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    What about the guy who lined up last night out front of the Sydney Apple store? He is going to have to sit there all night and watch the masterchef shennanigans accross the road at the T-Life store.

What is worse... he has to wait an additional 8 hours to get his phone.
    | Alumimum iMac - 20" - 2.66Ghz | 13" MacBook Pro - Unibody 2.26Ghz | iPad2 32Gb WiFi | iPhone4 16GB | iPod: 2G Touch 8Gb, 2G Shuffle, 4G 20Gb | AppleTV |

Quote Originally Posted by Phillo View Post
    What about the guy who lined up last night out front of the Sydney Apple store? He is going to have to sit there all night and watch the masterchef shennanigans accross the road at the T-Life store.

The tard had a bloody genny with him. Sorry folks, but this is not 'cool'. Putting a tent up and taking a generator with you? Yeah, no. That's not going to win you any cards on cupidtino
    - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Phillo View Post

I thought waiting 2h before midnight was excessive (which I am planning to do), but over 24h is just insane. Literally.
    iPhone 4 32gb Black

Live from port Melbourne Telstra
    Only person here at 5:30
    - 32gb iPhone 4 (Black)
    - 32gb iPad 3G + WiFi
    - 2.4ghz 15" Macbook Pro

Preety sure nobody's broached this: What time does the Swanston/Bourke T-Life shop open tomorrow? (Not the midnight opening, the normal 7/8/9am opening.)

Optus Bourke Street now has some yellow carpet/flooring along the pavement up the hill and some barriers. Seems like a few people queuing as well.

Can't see the T-Life from our office (we're directly above it), so can't see if anyone is queuing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vzzzbx View Post
    Preety sure nobody's broached this: What time does the Swanston/Bourke T-Life shop open tomorrow? (Not the midnight opening, the normal 7/8/9am opening.)
    They told me they're open all through, expected peak midnight to 3 then from 7am onwards.

Cool, thanks dracomjb.

Am at T life melbourne now. Around 20 in the queue and they're handing out tickets for stock allocation. They said they have 500 tickets and the 501st is SOOL. There are around 20 in the queue at present so it shouldn't be too bad.
    - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by drewbles View Post
    Am at T life melbourne now. Around 20 in the queue and they're handing out tickets for stock allocation. They said they have 500 tickets and the 501st is SOOL. There are around 20 in the queue at present so it shouldn't be too bad.
    Cheers - will head over and grab a ticket.
    iPhone 4 32gb Black

We are sitting laughing at the Optus huts in the massive queue. Our gas heaters were removed though as they "didn't have permission" whilst Optus still have theirs

Oh well. At least our phones will work :thumbsup:
    - Jeremy Clarkson

I left work about 6.15pm and there seemed to be quite a Telstra queue, not as fancy as the Optus queue with their speakers and heaters.

I think I will gamble on there not being 500 people through the night and get in very early tomorrow

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast