Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default How often do you change your toothbrush?

I finally got a new toothbrush, to be honest I can't remember the last time I did, so it's gotta be a couple of years at least :P

I did notice on the back of the new toothbrush it's recommended you change it every three months... seems I failed at that.

Still most of the reason I never bothered was because I thought it looked ok, maybe a little shaggy, but still alright.

Seems the new one feels very very different and my teeth *feel* cleaner, although it could just be the placebo effect Also the new one has fancy different shaped bristles compared to the very basic old one:

So how often do you change your brush?
    Many Shiny Toys with Apple Logos | Some Microsoft Toys too
    If it has an engine or a heartbeat it's going to cost you.
    Drive a VW?

You should change them every 2-3 months. Touch wood, I still haven't had a filling in my 30 years of life!

Oral hygiene is the best
    | MacBook Air 11" | Mac Mini 2011| iPhone 5 64GB | iPad Mini 16GB | iPod Nano 4GB | iPod Hi-Fi | AirPort Extreme |
    | Traded | Huy | Alessiman | DagrtheSnide | alan7948 | iCameron | chris | dsiew |

Mines a bit longer about 3-4 months...

Oh yeah... if you go on holiday to places like Vietnam, or Singapore or Japan... buy a lot of toothpaste on your way home...
    In Vietnam... Sensodyne is a dollar... Sydney is 6-8 dollars
    MacBook Pro UniBody 15 iPhone 4S White iPad II 3G 64GB iPhone 3Gs 32GB Black iPhone 3GS 32GB Black Time Capsule 1TB

I change every 2nd month. Never had a filling either, but perhaps thats because I hate sweet things. I have savoury taste buds
     Mac Pro 2x2.26GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon/16GB/3x1TB WD (Black) + 80GB Intel X-25M G2 |  24" LED Cinema Display |  MBP 13" 2.26GHz/4GB/120GB Intel X-25M SSD + 500GB (Optical Bay) |  Mac Mini 2.0GHz/4GB/320GB/256MB 9400M.

mines changed on the 16th of every month, the day after payday

I change mine once a year :o but I have no filling's either and I don't brush every single day more like every second day well depends what I eat as well so that would call for a extra cleaning.

I just put it down to what you eat and drink that will rot your teeth I hardly eat lollies & cakes and when I do I brush sometime after. I also don't drink flavored waters & fizzy drinks like coke & Pepsi once in awhile and then it's a clean sometime after it is consumed.

I change mine once every 3 months.

I do use one of those Reach Flossing stick things and change the head on that weekly (it retains its minty flavour and is fine if you wash it.)

Interesting... maybe it's just me that lives under this rock and doesn't change his toothbrush.

I have one filling, but that was caused by a wisdom tooth cracking the tooth next to it, otherwise I'm all good. I do brush regularly, just not with a new toothbrush.

So is it a conspiracy of Colgate to make you buy new brushes, or is there something more to it?
    Many Shiny Toys with Apple Logos | Some Microsoft Toys too
    If it has an engine or a heartbeat it's going to cost you.
    Drive a VW?

Generally every one or two months. No fillings or teeth problems. I have trouble finding 'hard' brushes so if I end up getting 'medium' it's definitely monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post

So is it a conspiracy of Colgate to make you buy new brushes, or is there something more to it?
    Probably...

I replace mine when the little indicators have faded to the "replace me" stage (which seems to be about 3-4 months), so in my case, it's a conspiracy from Oral-b.

Quote Originally Posted by supafly View Post
    Generally every one or two months. No fillings or teeth problems. I have trouble finding 'hard' brushes so if I end up getting 'medium' it's definitely monthly.
    I've always been told, by dentists (and car detailers, but not women) the softer the better....

I have never changed my toothbrush into anything else.
    A Machiavelli I may be, yet I'm no alchemist.
    Lorks! Oh lordy! My bottom's on fire!!
    [Joan of Arc -
    1431]

Quote Originally Posted by melbmac View Post
    I've always been told, by dentists (and car detailers, but not women) the softer the better....
    Correct. I use to buy the hard/medium one. But because I tend to brush hard already, I'm just disintegrating the enamel (protective coating of teeth). So my dentist recommended a softer brush.
    | MacBook Air 11" | Mac Mini 2011| iPhone 5 64GB | iPad Mini 16GB | iPod Nano 4GB | iPod Hi-Fi | AirPort Extreme |
    | Traded | Huy | Alessiman | DagrtheSnide | alan7948 | iCameron | chris | dsiew |