Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Ľ Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Message from a brave soldier... Should i trust him?

He just emailed me. Should i trust him?

Hello,

My name is Daryl Johnson and I am an American soldier who served in the Military. I did my first tour of duty at the incept of the war in Iraq and served my country for 3 tours. However, the reason of the war was not justified. We found no Weapon of mass destruction (WMD). I discharged voluntarily, if you know what that means.

I am presently resident in Ontario Canada. On the 20th April, 2003 while invading the capital of Iraq, I and my colleagues were among the platoon that led attacks into one of the palaces of Saddam Hussein. In the process we came into possession of eight hundred million United States dollars $800M USD.

These funds belong to Late Saddam Hussein, families and possibly cronies. We returned a total of six hundred and fifty million United States dollars to the appropriate quarters and the balance of one hundred and fifty million was disbursed among our platoon. I and two other officers all resident in Canada were entitled to twenty five million USD of this amount. It has been seven years since this happened and we believe itís time to make use of these funds.

Summarily, we want to move these funds to a reputable/sincere person for investment purposes, and disbursement to us. This is the reason for contacting you.

We are ready to compensate you with good percentage of the funds. The only thing we require is just for you to help us move the funds out of Iraq because the war is about to wind down. The funds are presently deposited with a security company operated by an American business man. He also is unaware of what we have in the deposit box and neither is the funds deposited in any of our names for obvious reasons.

We advise, using diplomatic means to ship these funds out as military cargo, covered by diplomatic immunity. There is a provision for such services for Americans and British in Iraq through an attorney or director of the security company.

If you are interested full details can be sent to you ASAP on receipt of your response. My job is to find a good and respectable partner with great repute we can trust to assist us. Can we trust you? When you receive this letter, kindly send me an e-mail signifying your interest including your most confidential telephone numbers for further correspondence

This is 100% risk free, All responses to:- daryljohnson001@googlemail.com

Respectfully,

Daryl Johnson
    I wasn't sure until he said it was 100% risk free ( i probably would have settled for 97%)

Wow, this is the most impressive scam email I have read in a while!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Got to love these nigerian scamsters. They're like some insects that you can't quite work out what their purpose is in the grand scheme of creation.
    http://twitter.com/TheMissionMan / Photo Page
    MacBook Air 13" 2.0GHz i7/8GB/512GB, iPhone 5 64GB, iPad Mini LTE 64GB, Nikon D700, MB-D10, 24-70 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8, 1.4x, SB700, SB600, Benro C3580T, Benro GH-1, Benro C48T

Hmmm - if I came into possession of 800 million USD, the last thing I'd do is go around telling everybody about it - eg: people I don't know.

The spoils of war are never shared...

Delete.

It was.... a... scam?

Oh crap.

Anyone have the number of westpac fraud division, i need to cancel some cards.

Reminds me of Three Kings.
    Successful transactions with tintinaujapon, sillydog701, decryption, ken-f, macmine, LaPastenague, Jordan M, leon, NathR32, trickcycle, froggy, scruffie, benerrol, hawker, midnight_e, loc04t, fission.

Here's another one of his mates. Didn't realise war was so profitable for the solders US Army, Saddam Hussein Scam….|Boon's Basement

Check the headers - most of that stuff seems to come from Afrinic IPs (as in Nigerian scam), UAE or India.
    --
    iMac 21.5" w/ Radeon HD 4670, MacBook Pro 1.83 Ghz, White iPhone 3G

Quote Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
    It was.... a... scam?

Oh crap.

Anyone have the number of westpac fraud division, i need to cancel some cards.
    Ahhh - just delete it and have a cup o' joe...

Clockwork - between this and the way you are tormenting Balthazar in his other thread, you are evil! Balthazar, go have a strong glass of water. Make it a double.

You will be the death of me Clockwork.

I found myself staring at your photo of coffee in the other thread for in unhealthy length of time.

He thinks he's addicted to coffee at 2 to 3 cups a day - 2 to 3 cups - not buckets - of water stained with coffee (not cocaine), and now he's trying to distract himself with SPAM from a headache that has no reason to exist.

If Balthazar posted that he started counting the cups at 9:00 am to 9:00 pm and the count came to 28, but he would have around 11 or so before the counting began, then I would definitely call this an addiction.

and evil is only a matter of perception...
    Lorks! Oh lordy! My bottom's on fire!!
    [Joan of Arc -
    1431]

Fair enough, torture away.

Quote Originally Posted by supermariobothers View Post
    Clockwork - between this and the way you are tormenting Balthazar in his other thread, you are evil! Balthazar, go have a strong glass of water. Make it a double.
    I wasn't aware you could have a double of water.

You can, you've just got to be man enough to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by supermariobothers View Post
    You can, you've just got to be man enough to handle it.
    You just have to water it down a bit first

I'd open up a yahoo account etc and start emailing him/her, asking lots of questions. It'd mean you get to mess the scammer around AND he/she has less time to scam others.

Please post the replies to this thread so we can all read on Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    I'd open up a yahoo account etc and start emailing him/her, asking lots of questions. It'd mean you get to mess the scammer around AND he/she has less time to scam others.

Please post the replies to this thread so we can all read on Thanks.
    I have responded:

Hello Daryl,

First let me say how proud i am of the important work you and your fellow soldiers perform day in day out.

It is truly an honour to have been contacted personally by such a brave soldier, especially considering the very lucrative offer you are making. My brothers have also served in the military in Iraq, what platoon were you in? Did you know my brother Cletus? he was also a very brave soldier but he met his untimely end on an R&R break home, It involved a lawn mower and loose shoelace... you don't want to know the rest of the story.

I am unavailable for the next few days on the telephone but am more than happy to correspond via email, You can reply directly to this email address to get the ball rolling and start to free up these funds.

I look forward to your reply.

I salute you good soldier

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Welcome to the 419 Eater

These guys do scam baiting just to annoy them.
    http://twitter.com/TheMissionMan / Photo Page
    MacBook Air 13" 2.0GHz i7/8GB/512GB, iPhone 5 64GB, iPad Mini LTE 64GB, Nikon D700, MB-D10, 24-70 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8, 1.4x, SB700, SB600, Benro C3580T, Benro GH-1, Benro C48T

Quote Originally Posted by MissionMan View Post
    Welcome to the 419 Eater

These guys do scam baiting just to annoy them.
    Haha how thoughtful of those brave soldiers, to provide Balthazar with hopefully hours of entertainment.
    --
    iMac 21.5" w/ Radeon HD 4670, MacBook Pro 1.83 Ghz, White iPhone 3G

Trust the soldier Balthazar...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast