Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Apple press conference

Apple is holding a press conference Friday us time in relation to iPhone 4. Should be interesting....

Apple to hold iPhone 4 press conference this Friday -- Engadget

wondering if they will give aways free bumpers or put something to cover that part of the death grip

Announcement of preorders for us too?

Vzzzbx's Avatar Vzzzbx is offline There is a god and his name is NOT Bob Ellis

Friday? Trying to miss the weekly press cycle? That's what Conroy does every time he announces a progression of filter policy.

wondering if any remedy may mean...a delay to Aus

Wishes: Give us free bumpers and don't delay the July Australia release.
    That is all.
     iMac 27" i7  iPhone 5 64GB.

Is this the first time Apple has made a press event to talk about a problem a device of theirs has?

delay to australia due to high sales/antenna issue. Probably coat the antenna from now on ?
    it will be interesting to see apple on the back foot, even though they will BS their way through it, to keep sales going.
    Mac Mini 2.0ghz Intel 4GB ram (apple wireless keyboard/magic mouse) DroBo V2 Macbook PRO 2.33ghz Intel 3GB ram + 60GB SSD Imac G4 13inch 1.0ghz 1.25GB ram iPad 2 16GB Wifi AppleTV Gen2 iPhone 4 16GB iPhone 4S 16GB

All things considered, I'm just happy that they are ironing out all the bugs in the pre-release test market, before the official Australian release.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil rolla View Post
    delay to australia due to high sales/antenna issue. Probably coat the antenna from now on ?
    it will be interesting to see apple on the back foot, even though they will BS their way through it, to keep sales going.
    FFS do you even read the posts that people who own the iphone4 make?

If the thing was fucked like everyone is saying then they would be returning them in droves.... Guess what? They are not.

Real world use is showing it is the best iPhone as a phone ever. Why would Apple have to BS their way through it?
     iPhone & iPhone 3GS, Macbook Pro 17" C2D 2.8ghz. iMac alu. 20" C2D 2ghz. iMac 20" CD 2ghz & Cube 450mhz. Website

It's "iphone4gate"
    Would be funny if SJ ended up resigning as a result of it lol

This thread has barely started and it's already off the rails. Stop the conjecture!
    Successful transactions with tintinaujapon, sillydog701, decryption, ken-f, macmine, LaPastenague, Jordan M, leon, NathR32, trickcycle, froggy, scruffie, benerrol, hawker, midnight_e, loc04t, fission.

Can't help but laugh when I see stuff like this. Apple iTape. iTape - The iPhone 4 Antenna Signal Booster [Charity] - eBay (item 180530172902 end time Jul-14-10 07:25:51 PDT)
    Hopefully after Friday, it will end the embarrassment.
     iMac 27" i7  iPhone 5 64GB.

Quote Originally Posted by Lutze View Post

If the thing was fucked like everyone is saying then they would be returning them in droves.... Guess what? They are not.

Real world use is showing it is the best iPhone as a phone ever. Why would Apple have to BS their way through it?
    To 'save face'. The media have blown this out of proportion badly.

Design flaw? sure. Phone killer? no way.

They'll say there's a problem, hand out free bumpers to people who want them (or swap them out if they change their manufacturing process) and the world will be as one again.

It's not about the reality of the problem, it's about the media beat up and public perception. This is Apple's PR working on this, not their engineers.

Spin Doctors to placate those who are stupid enough to believe everything (blindly) that they read in places like nonews.com.au
    "Some say, that if you hold him in the wrong way, he doesn't work properly..."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Japester View Post
    This thread has barely started and it's already off the rails. Stop the conjecture!
    < off topic >

It's the internet. It's a train wreck at the best of times

< /off topic >
    "Some say, that if you hold him in the wrong way, he doesn't work properly..."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

Vzzzbx's Avatar Vzzzbx is offline There is a god and his name is NOT Bob Ellis

If Jobs fails to announce an acceptable solution, we can tell him he's holding the press conference the wrong way.

I'll get my coat.

I dont believe it some logoic in the swamp that is the internet !

I am suprised it took this long to work out there is an issue with how the signal is displayed, but to think of all the testing in the filed that would have been done with the iPhone4 and apple not find out the thing has a major design flaw is beyond belief.

I think the that that lutze states about the lack of hundreds of thousand or millions of people returning their fataly flawed iPhone4 says it all, real worl its a better phone.

My initial thought would be delayed from high sales, my second was a question that maybe they could coat the antenna. They will be holding a press event, and will be on the back foot cause usually they are laying down the law with new products, not holding press meetings to address issues with their products. Thats not usual for Apple, is it Lutze ?

The signal bar issue is isolated mostly/in part to the US, aka AT&T, but they can't say, look, everywhere else in the world it will work fine, just not in the US where AT&T have a titans grip.

FFS back at you Lutze. Maybe think before you type.
    Mac Mini 2.0ghz Intel 4GB ram (apple wireless keyboard/magic mouse) DroBo V2 Macbook PRO 2.33ghz Intel 3GB ram + 60GB SSD Imac G4 13inch 1.0ghz 1.25GB ram iPad 2 16GB Wifi AppleTV Gen2 iPhone 4 16GB iPhone 4S 16GB

I don't want a stupid 'bumper' - ie. cheap piece of plastic covering what was meant to be a cool aesthetic and yet functional design feature.

Why would Apple have to BS their way through it?
    To arrest the slide in their share price no doubt - having a peak consumer body (Consumer Reports) not recommend it is going to have serious implications on sales.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast