Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Ľ Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Lego Harry Potter - Wii or PS3

The wife and I enjoy playing the Lego games together.
    We have all the Lego games so far and usually purchase them on the Wii as the Wii-mote allows you to do some "cool" stuff.

The last Lego game that we had purchased was Lego Batman, which used to chug quite a bit on the Wii when there was a lot of action and studs on the screen.
    My wife has purchased a PS3 so now I am in a dilemma about which console to buy Lego Harry Potter for.

From the demo's I have seen, there is a lot of wand waving which might be fun with the Wiimotes. As I haven't played a Lego game on the PS3 before, I was wondering how you target things on the screen (I assume its with a thumb stick).

Also does anyone know if there is any exclusive content that came to one console and not another. I can't seem to find any information online about this.

With the advent of the internet I was hoping that I would be able to download a demo from the Playstation Store, although they only seem to have wallpapers and video clips of Lego Harry Potter.
    Something about Jimby.

Purchased Lego Harry Potter for PS3 last night and there was no indication of lag/slow down. I picked up the Collectors Edition that came with a 2nd DVD and there was similar content that you would find on a bonus DVD.

Targetting objects for spells on PS3 is like the other Lego games - hold button and move thumbstick

Thanks for that. Part of the fun of the Wii version is using the Wii-mote as a wand.
    Guess I'll have to wait until there is a PS3 demo and see if the wife likes the thumbstick/button combo or whether she prefers the Wii.
    Something about Jimby.

I think you hit the nail on the head really, wait for the PS3 demo and then make your decision. Iíve downloaded it on the 360 so Iím sure it canít be too far away. The demo includes couch co-op support and will give you a good idea of if youíll like it or not.

Normally I would recommend the PS3/X360 title without even thinking about it but as you're veterans of the Lego-Wii-universe the choice is a little more grey. The PS3 version definitely wonít show any signs of slowing down and will be visually a much better presented game as it has much more grunt than the Wii.

It is by all accounts the best lego game in the series; reviewers suggest youíll get the most out of it if you are a Harry Potter fan and have read the books, or at least seen the movies.

I'm hoping my Wife likes it and we can play though it together, we've both read the books and seen the movies but she isn't much of a gamer.
    2007 24" Ali iMac | iPhone 4 32Gb | iPad 3G 32Gb

Me on paper (well on electronic sheets)