Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default White screen only since installing the Snow Leopard update today

Can anyone please help me. I dutifully did what my computer told me to do and clicked the restart & install button for the Snow Leopard update last night and now all i get is the white screen with the Apple logo and the animated circle below it going around and around. My computer simply won't boot up. I've tried unplugging the power cord, holding option/control/p/r keys (as suggested in the iMac booklet), but no luck! Does anyone have any suggestions please?
    iMac 24" / Macbook Pro / Ipod Classic 80GB / iPhone 8GB (1st Gen/USA) / iPhone 4 32GB / Airport Extreme / Airport Express x2 / iPad 2 64GB 3G /

Did it actually go through the install process or is this straight after Clicking Restart & Install?
     Space Grey 64Gb iPhone 6  Space Grey 64GB Retina Cellular iPad Mini  Apple TV Gen 2  Apple TV Gen 2 
    www.kleggy.com ~ www.trailstat.io

It went through the install procees
    iMac 24" / Macbook Pro / Ipod Classic 80GB / iPhone 8GB (1st Gen/USA) / iPhone 4 32GB / Airport Extreme / Airport Express x2 / iPad 2 64GB 3G /

Are you able to boot from the Install CD and use Disk Utility?
    or
    What happens if you hold down the alt/option key after the startup sound, does it show your HDD?
     Space Grey 64Gb iPhone 6  Space Grey 64GB Retina Cellular iPad Mini  Apple TV Gen 2  Apple TV Gen 2 
    www.kleggy.com ~ www.trailstat.io

I haven't tried those options - I'll give them a go tonight. Thanks