Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ok it makes sense to me now. Thanks guys.

So what's the bet this deal is nowhere to be seen for iPhone 4?

Anyone who wants it outright should just go ahead and set this up now.

this deal ends june 29..also i dont believe the mro is going to extend to the iphone4

Quote Originally Posted by jok3r View Post
    this deal ends june 29..also i dont believe the mro is going to extend to the iphone4
    But you can get an MRO added on at anytime right? That's why I plan on getting this before the expiry and then get an iPhone 4 as a MRO in a couple of months. Except every time I try purchase it on the web is crashes.

Ollie

Dont expect the MRO being included on the iPhone4!!!
    I recall the 3GS during its early lifecycle period, it was not included with plans included with MRO (unless it was an iphone specific plan)

I had a brainwave and noticed that if I grab a Desire with the plan and sell it. I can use that money to pay off three and move to Telstra full time with my iphone! Placed my order now... Oh god haha.
    Main: 2011 iMac 3.4Ghz i7, 16GB RAM, 1TB, 1GB 6970
    Macbook: 2010 Macbook Air 11" Ultimate Ed.
    Misc: iPad 64gb WiFi & 32gb iPhone 5.

I'm on the older Staff cap plan (not from the last promotion, but under my sister in laws name since she can get it anytime). I wanna take adevantage of the higher data (200 vs 150mb) and also lower excess data use (0.25/mb vs 0.50) against the cap. Unfortunately since my phone number is in her name, and on a valid telstra plan, it's not eligible to port back as a new customer. So i'm going to have to get a new mobile number.. lame :~(

It'll take months and months before the iPhone 4 is eligible even for staff on the MRO.. it took my sister in law ages. I think I'll do this first, get the pain of changing my number over first, and look at an MRO option down the track OR buying outright and claiming bck on tax OR just staying with the 3GS for another year
    Moo.

What's MRO stand for btw???

Mobile Repayment Option.

Damn it. I can't get out of my Optus contract because it's tied in with work at the moment. I'll be hoping Telstra offer some good, competitive caps for the iPhone 4. If they're anything like the current 3GS plans I'm sold.

Oh and don't bother calling Telstra about the Family & Friends offer - the guy I spoke to today when I called to ask about iPhone 4 being an MRO option said the offer can only be claimed online or at Telstra shops.

Heh, it's not only in store :P Silly phone people!

I've ordered last night and got the confirmation email. Haven't heard anything else though. NFI when or if my phone will arrive. And I liked how only in the confirmation email AFTER you've entered all your delivery details does it say you'll need to show photo ID on deliver. I asked for mine to be delivered to my girlfriends place because I'll be at work where I can't take deliveries! Hopefully the courier just ignores that part like every other delivery...

Really looking forward to having a play with the HTC desire for about a week before I flog it off to pay for the payout of my Three contract!

from the horses mouth,

Checked today in store, data comes off the plan at $2 per Mb without adding any sort of data pack. ie: within the $400 cap, if you used 50 Mb which would cost $100 of the cap plan credit then that would mean you only have $300 left for calls.

This is potentially the best deal telstra have ever offered! The no contract commitment is a winner

Im signing up the end of this week! Epic deal...
    White  24" iMac 2.16GHz 1GB RAM 160GB HDD |  MBP 2.4 Silver & Black | Powerbook G4 12" | Silver  Powerbook G4 17 | White  MacBook 2GHz 1GB RAM | White  iPhone 16GB

yep it's a mint deal.
    Rang up on Friday and signed up to this plan, should be getting my telstra sim delivered sometime today (tuesday). Got a $10 data pack on top of the $39.
    I'm pretty happy and looking forward to getting me some awesome coverage too!
    Bring on iPhone 4 yo!

Quote Originally Posted by Soliah View Post
    Yup you can add an MRO whenever. Either a full MRO or a partial subsidy MRO at any time.
    Do you know if you still get the MRO credit when you do this, though? Or do you have to add an MRO at the time of signup to receive the $15 MRO credit?

Has anyone asked about getting a microsim at a later date? I'm tempted to make the switch.
    garethtownsend.info

Melbourne Cocoaheads! - we're cuckoo for cocoa apps!

Has anyone from this thread who ordered online received their SIM card yet?

Quote Originally Posted by camson View Post
    Nope. That's what you get for ordering online - walked into T-Life Hobart this morning, was out within 20 minutes, SIM activated and working.

Strangely, she didn't use the TF2OFFER promo code - hopefully it'll still be okay :S

Quote Originally Posted by camson View Post
    no.
    ordered 15/6, nothing yet. :o
     iMac revA 233mhz. iBook (clamshell). iPod Photo. MacBookPro. Mac mini. iPad. iPhone 4S 
    "It's better to be a pirate than to join the Navy" - SPJ

I just cancelled my online order and went into the store.

As for thinking about getting an iPhone at a later date, not going to happen. Apparently this $15 MRO deal is going on only whilst this offer is in place. Can't validate this but I didn't want to take the risk so I got the desire in the end.
    Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz Unibody goodness
    20 Inch Cinema Display
    8Gb 3G iPhone, 3rd gen iPod Nano 4Gb, 3rd gen U2 ipod 20Gb

Quote Originally Posted by Comet View Post
    I just cancelled my online order and went into the store.

As for thinking about getting an iPhone at a later date, not going to happen. Apparently this $15 MRO deal is going on only whilst this offer is in place. Can't validate this but I didn't want to take the risk so I got the desire in the end.
    ...so much mis-information, so little time.

Official Telstra documentation doesn't specify that the $15 MRO bonus only applies when you take up an MRO at time of sign-up, whereas it normally does (certainly does on the normal consumer NextG cap/ultimate plans).

Lady I spoke to today who signed me up said it did apply, but only after a long pause. People have been told the same, as well as the exact opposite, on Whirlpool.

GAH.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast