Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Apple Store Employees Clap...

when you buy a mbp ?
    I was showing my parents the new mbp range cause they are looking at upgrading, and a girl behind us bought a 15" mbp and 4 of the staff start clapping her....ah, what the ?
    Mac Mini 2.0ghz Intel 4GB ram (apple wireless keyboard/magic mouse) DroBo V2 Macbook PRO 2.33ghz Intel 3GB ram + 60GB SSD Imac G4 13inch 1.0ghz 1.25GB ram iPad 2 16GB Wifi AppleTV Gen2 iPhone 4 16GB iPhone 4S 16GB

Damn, the Mac1 staff in Newcastle didn't clap for me when I bought mine the other day.
    I'm jealous now!

Maybe when they open the official Newcastle store, I can get the applause that I so rightly deserve!

this was at the chermside store. Weird..
    Mac Mini 2.0ghz Intel 4GB ram (apple wireless keyboard/magic mouse) DroBo V2 Macbook PRO 2.33ghz Intel 3GB ram + 60GB SSD Imac G4 13inch 1.0ghz 1.25GB ram iPad 2 16GB Wifi AppleTV Gen2 iPhone 4 16GB iPhone 4S 16GB

Really? Never mind, I don't want an Apple store in Perth after all

Ollie

Haha. I've been to the Chermside store a couple of times and the Robina Store a few times and haven't heard any clapping.

I've only heard of them clapping at openings and big launches. Even then, that's pretty weird.

do they clap at the end of workshops ?, cause there was a group there ending at the same time too..
    but they seemed to be around a girl who bought a 15" mbp...maybe she bought one after the workshop.

Weird.

I saw this title and thought maybe Apple Store employees were all stricken with some kind of VD.

Trades: Clockwork, applecollector, Amzy, Brains, chris, samuelclarke, mrldigitalmedia
    Link: http://www.lifeinplasticpants.com/2003/07/12/index.html

I have seen it at Doncaster now and then...I think they do it maybe when they have a switcher or it is the persons first mac. That is just my guess btw.
    An Aussie Online Sports Book store http://www.lockerroombooks.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Ozracingwrap View Post
    I think they do it maybe when they have a switcher or it is the persons first mac. That is just my guess btw.
    I bet she wanted to crawl into a hole somewhere when they did it too

my mum asked if she could order it online instead...lol

I'd be freaked out if I got clapped after purchasing something
    I mac_guy1 with all of my heart - 31/10/2010

Store openings and big product launches are fantastic... especially in the UK where you've got 1 or 2 guys from the US to oversee stuff and all these awkward Brits having to behave like 'Mercans and clap and whoop and cheer people into the store.

*High Five!*

2 OS X launches, 2 Store Openings - So funny. Leopard launch was in a massive shopping centre in Manchester and the store was entirely encircled by people waiting for 6pm. Everyone got high fived.
     iPhone & iPhone 3GS, Macbook Pro 17" C2D 2.8ghz. iMac alu. 20" C2D 2ghz. iMac 20" CD 2ghz & Cube 450mhz. Website

Quote Originally Posted by Lutze View Post
    ...behave like 'Mercans and clap and whoop and cheer people into the store.
    Do you reckon they're really happy, or are they good at faking it. Or maybe just completely unrepressed.
    Live life with Blue Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
    Do you reckon they're really happy, or are they good at faking it. Or maybe just completely unrepressed.
    Unrepressed and enthusiastic. A lethal combo!
     iPhone & iPhone 3GS, Macbook Pro 17" C2D 2.8ghz. iMac alu. 20" C2D 2ghz. iMac 20" CD 2ghz & Cube 450mhz. Website

Can't help but picture John Cleese as Fawlty... standing there staring at you like you're something he's stepped in, as he claps spasmodically from side to side...

I don't know if this kind of hype is a positive thing for Apple or not. Certainly seems that people are taking note of it all... "The Apple hype machine" is a term I'm starting to hear a lot more these days.
    MacTalk - the bianca's of geekdom
    thecosmichobo - as seen on YouTube - "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" "Bigger on the Inside?" "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!" and lots more!

When I went to buy my MBP at Chermside last week some guy got clapped out while I was at the register paying for mine. There was a big cheer and everyone started clapping. I asked my attendant wtf? and he just said "He bought a mac! Hey, aren't you buying a mac?" Needless to say I was cheered and clapped out too.

Pretty funny experience. It's strange, but if you're in the spirt of it then it is kinda a positive addition to the buying experience... And I usually don't like attention being drawn to me for anything!
    Main: 2011 iMac 3.4Ghz i7, 16GB RAM, 1TB, 1GB 6970
    Macbook: 2010 Macbook Air 11" Ultimate Ed.
    Misc: iPad 64gb WiFi & 32gb iPhone 5.

yeah, online refurb store for me, no clapping.
     iMac revA 233mhz. iBook (clamshell). iPod Photo. MacBookPro. Mac mini. iPad. iPhone 4S 
    "It's better to be a pirate than to join the Navy" - SPJ

Quote Originally Posted by cosmichobo View Post
    Can't help but picture John Cleese as Fawlty... standing there staring at you like you're something he's stepped in, as he claps spasmodically from side to side...

I don't know if this kind of hype is a positive thing for Apple or not. Certainly seems that people are taking note of it all... "The Apple hype machine" is a term I'm starting to hear a lot more these days.
    LOL - Maybe that's why I didn't get the job when I last applied?

Those who have met me at Mactalk meets will all be nodding now...

Grumpy looking frown - Check
    Sarcastic sense of humour - Check
    Lack of patience with fools - Check

I'd have made a fantastic Apple Genius, honest

Saying that though - when it's done at the right time (in my view - big launches for new products and new stores) it's creates a very big aura about the place.

Though I'd break someone's thumb if they tried to clap me out the store while I lugged a 27" iMac away....

That's hilarious. I'd buy a Mac from an Apple Store if it meant people cheering me out of the building. Hell, I'd demand it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast