Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Got mine today, but bought another 15" in the interim as I couldn't wait.

Anyone want to buy an i7 7200rpm, high res glossy with Applecare? Unopened sitting in my office in the CBD.

$3200?
    Last edited by SoVeReIgN; 17th May 2010 at 09:37 AM.

I'm tempted to sell my i5 iMac and MBA for a i5 or i7 anti-glare MBP. But the downtime is not cool if delivery is longer than the next business day I've usually experienced with Apple.

Hmm.

I want to shove my own SSD inside. Pity anti-glare is CTO. Pitance indeed.

I shall go visit one and see if it is worth it.

Sure you need antiglare?

You can pick my laptop up same day ;-)

Melishunt Guest

Finally got my package today. 17" i7 HR Atiglare 7200. As good as I expected...

p.s. still a little bit disappointed in the hole 'no blue ray' thing....
    Last edited by Melishunt; 18th May 2010 at 08:42 PM.

I just realised I could soon be eligible for a family and friends discount at the apple store.

To get a new MBP 15" or an iPad... hmm :|
    Does someone want to give me a Mac Pro or 24" ACD?

Smile

So an update for everyone on the shipping delay. - Recap - Ordered CTO 15" i7 MBP Laptop on the 15th April 2010 from Jb Hi-Fi, Carindale Qld. Told approx 7 days to ship, days & weeks went by - still no date on when and where it was & little to no help from JB Hi-Fi, finally yesterday on the 19th May 2010 i called and it was there in the stockroom (had been sitting in the stockroom for a couple of days & was never called to come in and pick it up) So almost a 5 week wait.

Now i am posting this comment on my sexy new apple laptop. It has been worth the wait, but have learned a lesson & would discourage others from ordering a laptop from JB Hi-Fi. with their poor customer service & the discounts just aren't worth it unless you're happy to wait for a very long time. Hope that helps anyone considering getting a CTO MBP.

P.S - the high-res anti-glare - is deff worth the extra $, you don't even notice the silver bezel because what ever is on the screen looks amazing.....even google homepage.
    Last edited by Neilous; 20th May 2010 at 08:37 AM. Reason: typo

Purchased Mine on Monday from the Apple Store...tick tock, tick tock, *looking at the calendar*...waiting

Hopefully soon
    Seems like if you purchase it from a reseller its longer then your average 3-7 days..

15" i7 Hi-Res Glossy 7200RPM HDD
    Last edited by jok3r; 26th May 2010 at 12:27 AM.

17" i7 glossy mbp
    Ordered on the 16th of April.
    Received today.

Quote Originally Posted by dev_enter View Post
    My order and a few of my colleagues' were placed on the 27th of April with our preferred supplier (a reseller unfortunately) and I'm still waiting.
    We all ordered 15" Core i7 500GB 7200rpm and two of us ordered Hi-Res Antiglare, one ordered Hi-Res Glossy.
    No idea how much longer we have to wait...
    Hi-Res Glossy machine arrived today.
    Hi-Res Antiglare machines due Monday.

Hi-Res Antiglare machines arrived today. Well worth the wait!

Ordered Tuesday 18/05
    Received Tuesday 26/05

Not to shabby i say
    Loving this machine...lets hope i get close to 7-10hrs battery life.

I walked into JB HiFi last Saturday, said "Can I have the 13" 4GB RAM 250GB HDD base model please", and walked out with one 10 minutes later.

A day of playing, to make sure everything was working okay, and then swapped out the Hitachi 5400rpm drive for a Seagate 7200rpm 320GB HDD.

Will be upgrading the RAM to 8GB in a month or so.

Ordered today a 13" MacBook Pro 2.4GHz with 320 Gb Hard Disk CTO.

Estimated delivery 02 to 06 June.

I know... it took me ages to make up my mind
    iPad Mini 4 128Gb 4G | iPhone 6 64GB | MacBook Pro 13" i5 2.4GHz Retina | Mac Mini i5 | Apple TV 3 |

I really wanted an SSD CTO but couldn't wait (as someone offered me an insane price for my i5 iMac and someone else out of the blue decided to deposit 1K cash into my bank account for my MBA despite them being in a totally different state).

Someone said somewhere that Apple Retail usually stock the top spec i7 15" hi-res antiglare MBP in stock. So after a few beers, I walked past the iPad queuers and impulsively asked for the said MBP.

They couldn't do Coop pricing but could do EDU (as I am a student as well). So I wait a while for the MBP to be brought down from fairy land and when I paid, the guy basically gave me the antiglare screen for free. Totally random. $2499. Awesome.

I'll rather buy my own SSD and 8GB ram and install myself than wait a few days for an online order. PLUS, i got a massive discount in-store.

I didn't even realise I got a big discount until I got home.

So happy although the prospect of restoring the iMac and MBA makes me want to kill myself.

I ordered my new mbp on Tuesday last week, it's in Sydney now... Hoping to get it soon.

Hi all,

Quick question if I may.

I currently use a MBA Rev B with SSD as my primary machine.
    I travel a lot for work, so portability is important.
    I really notice the difference in weight when I moved from a 15" MBP to the MBA.
    I love my MBA, SSD I think makes a HUGE difference.

But I am always out of room. 128GB where does it go!?!?!?

I have 16GB of photos, 43 GB music, 6GB of actual files... so easily it disappears.

With the April MBP updates (I think that was when it was)...
    sadly no new MBA
    and the 13" MBP still has C2D in it.

Should I:
    hang on to my MBA - and struggle with no space (hope for an update soon)?,
    hang on to my MBA and get rid of music completely onto either Ext HDD or Mac mini (and also wait for an update)?
    or consider buying a 13 MBP?
    or do something different???

Other relevant titbit: Since buying my iPad, I have done short trips without my MBA which has been fine, but longer trips being able to watch avi files, and use a full laptop is still probably a need I have.

Cheers
    mulitple iOS devices - iPhone, iPad Air, and iPod nano
    Mac OS X
    - 13 MacBook Pro with Retina, Mac mini for media server, and a Mac Book Air here somewhere still too

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8