Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Pismo wont run System Profiler

G'day,

My Pismo (G3 Powerbook) wont open System Profiler. If I try access it via the Apple menu, it just sits forever... If I double-click the icon, it does nothing.

Console says:

dyld: /Applications/Utilities/System Profiler.app/Contents/MacOS/System Profiler Undefined symbols:

/Applications/Utilities/System Profiler.app/Contents/MacOS/System Profiler undefined reference to _NSAccessibilityLinkedUIElementsAttribute expected to be defined in Cocoa

Whassup?

Thanks

cosmic
    MacTalk - the bianca's of geekdom
    thecosmichobo - as seen on YouTube - "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" "Bigger on the Inside?" "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!" and lots more!

I guess go through the normal things like removing the .plist files and attempting to open system profiler. else run onyx which has the command to repair the dydl cache or the older "Update_Prebinding" command. that is about all i can think off else reinstall system profiler.

*lol* Just tried deleting the plist... on the Macbook Pro instead of the Pismo... :}

Thanks for the ideas - I'll try them out tomorrow.
    MacTalk - the bianca's of geekdom
    thecosmichobo - as seen on YouTube - "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" "Bigger on the Inside?" "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!" and lots more!