Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Okay, not getting one ASAP is really starting to stress me out

Okay here's the deal, I was one of the people that missed out on an iPad from PriceUSA and only found out today which really shitted me off. Now I am no longer anxious becase I wont be receiving an iPad this week.
    The 16GB's are too expensive on ebay, next pre-order's dont ship till march 12th, no one in the US is wanting to buy one for me (asses) and dont want to wait for the Australian launch. What should I do?
    Don't want to use another mail forwarding company but considering Carriemyshopping.com but heard she was really unreliable
    iPhone 4, iPad, MacBook Pro...ily

LOL...think I answered you in the Macrumours room.

Why not wait - all of 20 odd days. Its not as though its going to break your heart And I am not surprise no one wanted to buy one in the US - I wouldn't for someone that I didn't know and be responsible for their money (discounting the fact I wouldn't trust my money with someone I only met off a forum).
    Andy
    new imac 21.5", ipod touch, macbook pro, iphone x2, ipod classic, 2 iPads

It's not going to be that long a wait - only 3 weeks or so! Just think - how much are you really going to use it in that time anyway? Just wait - it'll be cheaper getting it in Australia anyway and it'll feel so much better once you finally get it.

Okay, I hate being this harsh. But seriously? GET A LIFE.
    :P

I badly badly want one. I sold gear (A couple of synths) so ensure I had the funds ready by the 27th of march.

When I knew of the delay I was going to get Anthony to bring one back for me, but I held off because the 3G model won't be available on day one. I should be able to get the 3G roughly as soon as anyone.

So I don't have one on day one. Big deal. I can still browse/buy apps, look at videos, check out cases, work on my dashboard mount for the car etc.

My point is, you'll live. Relax

My order through priceUSA was cancelled as well.

I am gonna wait.

Cheers
    Microsoft Developer by day | iPhone Developer by night

I didn't think i'd own an iPad but I might grab myself one once they come to aus

Mine from Price USA was canceled too. But unfortunately I am a very impatient person. So I ponied up and bought one on Ebay.

I will use it to death when it gets here as i use my iphone around the house all day and am hanging out for the bigger screen.

I figure if I want to spend my money on that to get it early then it's my money and why not? It makes me happy :-) I earn it and if I am a loser who needs it asap then so be it! lol
    Trades with, Huy, PatrickH, tkilik11, chris, Taezar, bennyling, Simo, stewiesno1, MissionMan, cgollner, napes, mechcon, lama323, snagage, ClockWork, Beau, Rasta, Freeze, Petecario, Simmo, Tokevmur, Beaner, thebookfreak58, Boddiz, neg2led, Foxy

Out of interest what did you pay for the one off ebay thekeddi?

Mine through shipito isnt on its way to me yet as they are having saturday off (booooo). It wont leave them till tuesday AUS time now, and i fly to thailand for 3 weeks on Friday night, really really got my fingers crossed it gets here b4 then otherwise its a wasted purchase and i could have waited till i got home start of may to buy one here!

I paid $800 AUS all up for it inc shipping, I know it's dear but there you go, the price of early adoption I guess. I can live with it so yeah that's what counts!
    Trades with, Huy, PatrickH, tkilik11, chris, Taezar, bennyling, Simo, stewiesno1, MissionMan, cgollner, napes, mechcon, lama323, snagage, ClockWork, Beau, Rasta, Freeze, Petecario, Simmo, Tokevmur, Beaner, thebookfreak58, Boddiz, neg2led, Foxy

Got a friend in NYC to pick one up for me, he shipped it right away with FedEx should be in Perth, WA on Thursday!

I hope anyone that thought about getting one from the states is that you will only get a U.S. power point plug for charging.

It has already been reported that charging off USB is a hit and miss affair only working on very limited and certain configurations

The power plug looks like it has the interchangeable duckhead on it. I have a spare waiting to try it out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheKeddi View Post
    The power plug looks like it has the interchangeable duckhead on it. I have a spare waiting to try it out!!!
    actually thekeddi the normal iphone duckhead wont work on the ipad charger because it needs more power which forced apple to use the same sort of connector on the macbook chargers. instead of the figure of 8 on the iphone chargers the ipad charger has a B shape connector

Quote Originally Posted by hobbsy101 View Post
    actually thekeddi the normal iphone duckhead wont work on the ipad charger because it needs more power which forced apple to use the same sort of connector on the macbook chargers. instead of the figure of 8 on the iphone chargers the ipad charger has a B shape connector
    Does that mean the duckhead from my new macbook would work on it? if not, I have loads of those international things for plugging things in here that will prob work.

Does that mean the duckhead from my new macbook would work on it? if not, I have loads of those international things for plugging things in here that will prob work.
    as long as it has the B type figure. if you want proof got too the us apple store and look at the ipad charger accessory and zoom up on the end of it. i bought an aus version to use on mine so i dont hav to set it down and wait for it to recharge b4 using it next

Quote Originally Posted by skritter View Post
    I hope anyone that thought about getting one from the states is that you will only get a U.S. power point plug for charging.

It has already been reported that charging off USB is a hit and miss affair only working on very limited and certain configurations
    But charging to USB on a Mac appears to be fine, so this is really only a PC issue.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbsy101 View Post
    as long as it has the B type figure. if you want proof got too the us apple store and look at the ipad charger accessory and zoom up on the end of it. i bought an aus version to use on mine so i dont hav to set it down and wait for it to recharge b4 using it next
    I think you may have it the wrong way round - B type duck heads will not work in figure 8 power bricks (due to the obvious shape discrepancy), but figure 8 duck heads and cables work fine in B type power bricks. So putting any duck head into the iPad's B type power brick should be fine.

I believe B type power bricks are used where the extension cords are provided - for example, laptops and now the iPad 10W adapter. Figure 8s appear to be used for adapters with just the duck head, such as the iPod, iPhone, Airport Express, and I imagine also the adapter included in the iPad box.

I don't believe the shape of the duck head has anything to do with power - more like protecting their accessory lines from being cannibalised.

So I think you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by OziMac View Post
    But charging to USB on a Mac appears to be fine, so this is really only a PC issue.
    I just bought it up to be a disscussion point

this thread made my day

ahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Stez View Post
    Okay, I hate being this harsh. But seriously? GET A LIFE.
    No kidding hahaha

"Okay, not getting one ASAP is really starting to stress me out"

Are you joking? Stressing you out? Fark. Get your priorities in life right dude. Seriously stressing out on waiting longer for a iPad. I didn't think people could get more pathetic. I have now been proven wrong.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast