Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default iPad in Australia - April 24th?

Like us in Australia, Canadian iPad enthusiasts have been told they'll be waiting until "late April" to get their hands on the new device. Now comes word that Canadian Apple Store employees have been told that the weekend of April 24th is a "blackout date" for leave - i.e it's all hands on deck.

Since we were given the same promised availability date, a simultaneous launch here seems logical. We'll have to see if any anonymous Apple employees are willing to confirm whether there's a similar blackout date here...

iPad Launch Date in Canada: April 24th? | iPad in Canada - Canada's iPad Blog

Interesting. That's the Anzac Day long weekend. If you order online will it be delivered on a Saturday? If not will we have to wait until the Tuesday as the Monday is a public holiday. :o
    iMac 24" 2.8 GHz (2008), Macbook Air (1st Gen), iPhone 3g, iPod Shuffle 2g (Product Red), Apple TV, Airport Express (N).

Successful Trades : grfxninja, Boddiz, Phaze, iMarty, f1_Power, Jimdrum, Clockwork, iSlayer, Brentnal, Atomic, Danno74,
    Darbgod, Loc04t, Swoffam & Itsanobscured

Id say not a chance of delivery - saturday delivery is not common at all here unlike the US
    Mac Pro Dual Xeon 2.8GHz Quad, 6GB Ram, 128GB SSD+320GB+3x1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX285, Mac OS X 10.7
    My Flickr | Portfolio/Photoblog

Quote Originally Posted by mac_man_luke View Post
    Id say not a chance of delivery - saturday delivery is not common at all here unlike the US
    http://forums.mactalk.com.au/31/6767...-saturday.html

I have always had Saturday delivery with Apple, even here in the country!
    Trades with, Huy, PatrickH, tkilik11, chris, Taezar, bennyling, Simo, stewiesno1, MissionMan, cgollner, napes, mechcon, lama323, snagage, ClockWork, Beau, Rasta, Freeze, Petecario, Simmo, Tokevmur, Beaner, thebookfreak58, Boddiz, neg2led, Foxy

I doubt Saturday would stop Apple from delivering ordered iPad's. Though I much rather go in store and buy.

I just called TNT and they said they do not deliver on Saturdays. Being in Adelaide with no Apple Store, I always order online with delivery from TNT. :o
    iMac 24" 2.8 GHz (2008), Macbook Air (1st Gen), iPhone 3g, iPod Shuffle 2g (Product Red), Apple TV, Airport Express (N).

Successful Trades : grfxninja, Boddiz, Phaze, iMarty, f1_Power, Jimdrum, Clockwork, iSlayer, Brentnal, Atomic, Danno74,
    Darbgod, Loc04t, Swoffam & Itsanobscured

April the 23rd
    There are two major products that came out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
    We do not believe this to be a coincidence. Jeremy S. Anderson

Wink iPad Delivery (WiFi 32Gb)

2 days, 11 hours, 26 minutes until the iPad officially launches, mine is on route from China (order #W68813750) via US then Brisbane touch done around 9th April yeah

iPad case to follow :o

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiMike View Post
    2 days, 11 hours, 26 minutes until the iPad officially launches, mine is on route from China (order #W68813750) via US then Brisbane touch done around 9th April yeah

iPad case to follow :o
    You didn't suffer a cancellation as mentioned in this post: http://forums.mactalk.com.au/57/8197...tml#post949223
    Note: Any advertising image that may appear in my post is placed there automatically by this site and is not endorsed by me personally.

Smile iPad Delivery Update

So far no cancellation

Just got iPad UPS import scan from China now in Louisville KY on the way to Utah then Brisbane ...

Interestingly the Apple iPad case that was initially delayed until mid April is now being shipped via FedEX for delivery on or before 7th in Utah

I wonder why they said no to Saturday delivery? When I lived in Adelaide I would often get stuff on a Saturday and the same now I am in the country,

Funny that they said no?
    Trades with, Huy, PatrickH, tkilik11, chris, Taezar, bennyling, Simo, stewiesno1, MissionMan, cgollner, napes, mechcon, lama323, snagage, ClockWork, Beau, Rasta, Freeze, Petecario, Simmo, Tokevmur, Beaner, thebookfreak58, Boddiz, neg2led, Foxy

Strange - I've had one Saturday delivery from Apple before. I ordered an optional Front Row remote with a Macbook. The Macbook arrived Friday without the remote, I called to complain, got a new one shipped out straight away and it arrived next day, from TNT.

At the time, the delivery guy said they do Saturday if a premium is paid.

UPDATE: TNT Express - Sameday Nationwide Delivery
    Last edited by gamblor; 4th April 2010 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Link to TNT Website

Just as long as it stays "in April" for an Aust release!
    I"m heading overseas Mon 12th - and not home until 30th!

Ideally I want to order it online... have ti sent to work... so that I can head into work on the Sat to pick up my already delivered new iPad!!!
    I'm getting itchy feet wanting one!
    At least me being away hopefully will distract me.
    mulitple iOS devices - iPhone, iPad Air, and iPod nano
    Mac OS X
    - 13 MacBook Pro with Retina, Mac mini for media server, and a Mac Book Air here somewhere still too

If you order something like this online, do you get it ahead of those in the shops or do you have to wait sometimes if they don't have enough stock to meet demand. I guess what I am asking is where the priority lies, where Apple is concerned... live people or online...

If you order it online you get it the day they say you will, they don't make you wait and send your iPad to the shops,

So yeah Ordering online is usually good if you can't get to a store,

Everyone in America that preordered theirs online had them delivered the same day as they came out in the shops.

One does wonder what the hell they are doing sill sitting on a date and price. Strikes me as rather odd how quiet Apple Australia is assuming it is actually getting an April release.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
    One does wonder what the hell they are doing sill sitting on a date and price. Strikes me as rather odd how quiet Apple Australia is assuming it is actually getting an April release.
    No international region has announced pricing. Exchange rates are too volatile, they'll set the price when it goes on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyAtom View Post
    No international region has announced pricing. Exchange rates are too volatile, they'll set the price when it goes on sale.
    The irony is if they'd have set the rates in February just after the announcement, they would have reaped almost 10 per cent better than where things appear likely to be at around the expected time of release.

Sometimes these things bite back.

With the launch done and dusted in the US hopefully we'll get info an AUS launch sooner than later.
    I'm more than happy to part with my cash immediately!

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast