Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Plants Vs. Zombies

Oh. My. Dog!

It's finally here!

Doesn't seem to have all the mini-games of the desktop version, among a few other things, but now you can have your zombie-killing fun on the move for $3.99

i got it the other night - an awesome game and i think done just as well as the desktop. touch suits it perfectly as well especially when all those crazy suns and coins start appearing - don't think i'll need to use the magnet plant to collect the gold coins anymore...

why are you still reading this post???? get the game now!!!!

Default Re: Plants Vs. Zombies

I wasted 4 hrs last night playing this game! Just couldn't stop! Something very satsfying about destroying zombies...

Absolutely brilliant little iPhone game. I thoroughly enjoyed playing it through it on the desktop, and I'm thoroughly enjoying playing through it on my iPhone.

They seem to have simplified it in a few subtle and not-so-subtle ways though, which is fine and exactly what I'd do myself.

For example, the minigames seem to be gone (not-so-subtle) and the sun flowers no longer gently transition to the brighter colour before they release a sun (a performance thing I suspect, subtle!)

Grab it if you never played it on your desktop, it's most definitely worth it and is very addictive!
    paris buttfield-addison: co-founder of http://www.secretlab.com.au
    Author of Learning Cocoa with Objective-C Third Edition (O'Reilly, upcoming)
    and iPhone and iPad Game Development For Dummies (Wiley, October 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Paris View Post
    and the sun flowers no longer gently transition to the brighter colour before they release a sun (a performance thing I suspect, subtle!)
    Sure they do. It is subtle though.

Anyway, on the 3G it does seem to suffer some performance issues once you have a dozen or more zombies on the screen. Not terribly so (yet ... I'm only a few levels in), but it is noticeable.

Default great for sad little people (like me)

I avoided the desktop version- and I'm glad I did cause I have a serious addiction to this game.

Even downloaded the music video - how sad is that! :P
    15" i5 MBP + 09 MacMini(OCZ SSD) + 13" Al macbook + iPad2 + iPhone 4 + ATV 2 wit XBMC!

Great game even if it does bog down a bit on a 3G iPhone near the end of levels when there are lots of plants and zombies on screen.
    Note: Any advertising image that may appear in my post is placed there automatically by this site and is not endorsed by me personally.