Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 LastLast

It seems to be this time that the old regulars are coming back!!

Welcome Back Patrick. (That Avatar rules)

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    It seems to be this time that the old regulars are coming back!!

Welcome Back Patrick. (That Avatar rules)
    Thanks Wally! Good to be back! Have there been any meet ups recently?
    Support MacTalk by shopping at the Apple Online store via this link!
    MacBook Pro 15" UniBody: i7 2.2GHz|16GB|1TB HDD + 128GB SSD

Nope.. I haven't been exactly watching the forums myself so yeah I didn't really care :P

Hi everyone, I'm Adam. Long time member of the forum,but I haven't been around for a while... Finally got around to logging in again for the first time in a year or so.

Im a long time Mac user, since '93 in fact, when I was merely 2. Since then, I've used and owned a Macintosh IIsi, iMac G3, iMac G4, PowerMac G4, iMac G5, MacBook (white, 2007), MacBook Pro (late 2008), Mac mini, iMac 27" i7, MacBook Air (1st gen), iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, 1st gen iPad (3G+64gb), 3rd gen iPad (4G+64gb), an iPod mini, iPod nano (5th gen) and a 1st gen iPod touch.

I still have everything except the IIsi, and everthing on that list still functions as new. All of them have the newest operating system that they will allow installed.

I think that, and the fact that I have 12tb of wired storage, and 2tb of unwired storage on my desk at home qualifies me for the nerd status.

In times where I'm not admiring my Mac collection, I'm probably programming on them, making websites and web based applications, listening to some awesome music, watching Family Guy or How I Met Your Mother, taking photos with my newly acquired 5D mk III, or hanging out with my girlfriend (that's right people, nerds can have girlfriends too!).

I like to think of myself as someone who is approachable, so if you want to ask me anything, PM me or hit me up on twitter... @adam_d
    adamd
    iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPod nano, iPod Touch, iPod mini, G3+G4 iMac, G4 PowerMac

Hello Everyone.

New here, thought I'd just put up a quick post about myself...

Had iPhones for years, recently got the new iPad, and like having all the same brand products so I upgraded my laptop a few weeks ago to a MacBook air.

I haven't had any experience with apple, but getting there slowly.

Looks to be a good forum you have here, hope to feel right at home very shortly!!!

Brad.

Welcome Brad

Wow,
    I never noticed this thread,
    Well here goes,
    I have been lurking around this site since 2009 and finally joined in may 2010.
    I am a 16 year old ( don't judge me) who loves electronics, photography,Music , doctor who, cycling and computers. I am not your average teenager, I don't loiter around shops making noise or any of that stuff, in fact I probably spend more time with my grandparents then with my friends.

My families Macintosh experience started in 1993 when my father bought an Lc 475. Previously he had a commodore 64 and Amiga 500.
    I apparently started using the Lc from an early age ( we have a claris works file of me typing 2 months after I was born!)

We used the Lc up to 2000 when it had a majoir crash and we lost data. Dad needed a working computer, so he sent the Lc to be fixed and picked up the first model slot loading iMac g3. We then got onto the Internet and I rember the joys of the abc for kids website which had GAMES. I played kids pix, bugdom, nanosaur and a whole host of tethers including the living books. I really started to get Ito computers when I was in year two at school. Our school got a computer lab of 30 xp machines. I found them difficult ad hated them but treated them like a challange and learnt them. I was soon teaching my teacher how to use them! I grew to appreciate how good the mac really was! I was this time that I was introduced to Power Point!!!!! I made heaps of slide shows. Mum got an iBook g4 laptop that same year and We loved OSX.

Dad did not want to put OSX on the iMac for some reason some went out and bought the best mac we have ver had. An EMac. When we got the eMac the iMac became the second computer and I got the Lc 475. By this stage I had become deeply intersted in computers.in 2006 we bought another eMac as a kids computer as it was heavily discounted because of the intel switch. In 2008 the iBook died from the logic board problem so we got an early 2008 MacBook.I then became interested in vintage macs and found/ bought two iMac g3s two mac pluses and a centris 650. In 2010 dad bought a new iMac so the eMac became the third kids computer. I used the two emacs for most of my work up until last year when I bough my mums MacBook and she got a new one. I got an iPad 2 when the new one came out and have had 3 iPods, a shuffle in 2007 a nano in 2009 and a touch in late 2010.

Now in high schoo I ( year 11) help my teachers out (i am an un paid tech comsultant!) and those in my parish, I have helped 6 people switch to mac an I intend to help a lot more. I have a mad plan to run apple one day ( its never going to happen I know!) I like to use technology for as long as possible.
    My favourite mac is the Lc 475
    My favourite operating systems are a tie between 7.5, 10.4 and 10.7
    ( sorry if that was too long!)
    Last edited by Oldmacs; 13th July 2012 at 02:08 PM.
    Plus, IIci, IIsi, LC, LCII, LC III, CC, LC475, LC630, Centris650, 6100, 8100, 5260, 7220, 7600. PB: 100, 150, 160, 165, 540, 190, 5300, 1400. Lombard, iMacG3, iBookG3, iBookG4, PBG4, eMac, iMac G4, PMG4, MiniG4, iMacG5

Hello,

My name is Steve and I really enjoy my iPhone and my iPad. I found this place because I'm always interested in technology and the latest news in the tech world. Also, I just generally enjoy message boards and meeting new people on them. Hopefully I'll have some good times here and participate in some interesting conversations. I look forward to meeting and chatting with all of you.

G'day Fellas
    Just joined today. After 20+ years of being a dedicated PC user, I have seen the light and a new Imac is coming on monday. A bit about me, retired and living on the beautiful Sunshine Coast in Queensland Australia. Guitar player/collector, model steam engineer, and sometime wine drinker. Started life as a radar engineer back in the '60s, and slipped sideways into computing, gave that up with the advent of the Pc and moved to a general engineering roll. Finally retired in 2004. Look forward to chatting about all things mac

Hey all,

Decided to join up to see if I can find some fixes to some of the things that bug me with my iphone4s i have for work, and to get some information and guidance to see if I could ditch my windows desktops and possibly manage to go to a macbook pro or if I am just setting myself up for dissapointment.

G'Day,

I have had a Mac Mini for about 10 months now and found it extremely good so for, most problems (and few) I've had are self inflicted. I've joined just to find out things I never knew about Macs in general.... Just reading through threads at random and seeing what kind of trouble I might expect. I don't know if I can help much as I've had almost no problems.

Anyway, I live just out of Melbourne in a place called Wallan.

Hey Guys,

Name's Matt. Recently signed up here for fun! Gives me an excuse to be on the net while I am at work :P.

I use a MacPro at home for Music Production, which i've been in to since I was a teenager. I produce EDM.

Hi new guy here, I'm Graeme and I have been selling and maintaining Macs for about 8 years now. I'm an IT Technician and many who know would say I'm an Apple fanboy. I kinda reject this - I like stuff that just works! So when I started using Macs and then repairing the very odd issue that I found I came to the realisation that Macs are a superior technology product.
    Anyway I love my Macbook Pro and mac mini server and iphone 4.
    I still use windows and I am proficient in linux but if I had to go and buy a new PC tomorrow (unlimited by budget constraints) I'd buy another Macbook Pro otherwise it would be a cheapy laptop and Ubuntu.
    That probably sums me up. I'm actually a bit of a technophobe when it comes to social networking etc. SO I tend to be more of a lurker on forums than an active contributor. Hopefully when I do make a comment it will be helpful.

Lurker, indeed. Welcome aboard anyway Graeme

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bennyling View Post
    Lurker, indeed. Welcome aboard anyway Graeme
    "Grin" Well I have been busy the last 5 or so years - just been made redundant and have a bit more free time on my hands!

Hey guys,

Yet another lurker, but thought I'd come in here and say hi.

My current Apple-product-owning experience has only been iOS-based thus far (2 x iPod shuffles; 32GB iPod touch 2nd gen, 64GB 3G iPad 2, 64GB iPhone 4S) but I am hoping to make the plunge soon and KVM between a Mac Mini for day-to-day stuff and my 5-ish year old PC for gaming (with an SSD, GPU and RAM update to rejuvenate it a little)...

hello hello! i too an a long time member but i haven't really been on for awhile.

i used to have macs. after converting some of my mates and all of my family to apple, i've kinda moved everything to pc and android. its gonna be a long process, but i'm looking to coming back to the fold

Welcome
    Plus, IIci, IIsi, LC, LCII, LC III, CC, LC475, LC630, Centris650, 6100, 8100, 5260, 7220, 7600. PB: 100, 150, 160, 165, 540, 190, 5300, 1400. Lombard, iMacG3, iBookG3, iBookG4, PBG4, eMac, iMac G4, PMG4, MiniG4, iMacG5

Hello everyone,

I am back here at MacTalk after a long hiatus. I didn't intend to leave here, I just was caught up in my life and on another forum (MacRumors). But the staff over there decided I deserved a perma ban for doing exactly what they told me to do (ie following the rules). Why even have rules of you ban people for following them?
    So it looks like fate brought me back here.

Anyways I am back. A little about myself?
    I am a chef. I also write two internet blogs, a food one and a song lyric one.
    And I own now an iMac 2006 (never use it anymore), iMac 2011 (my daily machine), iPhone1 and an iPad (4th gen). Been using Macs since I was 3. I have a photo of me infront of a 512k Mac. I don't think anyone at that age understands what a Mac is.

I look forward to enjoying this place more. I am aware 100% of what this place is like and I would not have come back if this was unacceptable to me.

And a nice welcome to everyone here.
    I am justice defined.

Hi Mactalk!

Thought my first post should be in here, bit of background info. Hope I can be a contributor more than a lurker (I have lurked for a couple of years already).

Have loved Macs for a long time, since I first saw the 128k Mac on display at a school launch in 1984 (I was 7). It was so far ahead of the BBC Micros we used at that time. My first comp was an Apple IIe clone however (called the Datamini I). One day soon I hope to own a 128k

After that fleeting glimpse of the future, my first real use of Macs was at high school, in a lab filled with Pluses and SE/30s, and later LCs. I owned a Powerbook briefly in 1994 (think it was a 175 - can't really recall) but that remains to this day the only Mac bought new. Studying Computing Science, the focus was more on PCs and Sun machines. Only got back into Macs in around 2001 with a 9500/120, and recently have been on a spree collecting old machines - mainly Mac IIs so far.

Looking forward to being a part of the vintage scene, and who knows, maybe one day the wife will buy me a nice new iMac (hoping for a Mac Pro, but that would necessitate winning Lotto)

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 LastLast