Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Paint

Everyone's saying the invite is spray paint, but it's clearly paint splashes, not spray.

I recon this could mean one of two things:
    - an OLED screen on their new creation, either a tablet or a higher res screen on the iPhone.
    - iPhones in the Nano colours.

...or both!
    iPhone 4S 64GB White // Macbook Pro Mid-09 15" Anti-glare 2.8 GHz Duo // iPhone 3GS 32GB Black // iMac 24" 2.8 GHz (as my TV) // Airport Extreme Late-09 (my printer and hard drive server)

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Everyone's saying the invite is spray paint, but it's clearly paint splashes, not spray.

I recon this could mean one of two things:
    - an OLED screen on their new creation, either a tablet or a higher res screen on the iPhone.
    - iPhones in the Nano colours.

...or both!
    I think they'll just release a nice artsy poster, and they'll be surprised that people are pissed that there was nothing else!
    Successful transactions with tintinaujapon, sillydog701, decryption, ken-f, macmine, LaPastenague, Jordan M, leon, NathR32, trickcycle, froggy, scruffie, benerrol, hawker, midnight_e, loc04t, fission.

hmmm - what if it's the new AppleStore prototype - no tablet at all!

Quote Originally Posted by euphospug View Post
    hmmm - what if it's the new AppleStore prototype - no tablet at all!
    That's a great point. Perhaps it's not a product at all!
    Successful transactions with tintinaujapon, sillydog701, decryption, ken-f, macmine, LaPastenague, Jordan M, leon, NathR32, trickcycle, froggy, scruffie, benerrol, hawker, midnight_e, loc04t, fission.

Lets put out an invite, make the design represent paint splotches. Then lets see how long a bow people draw on what it all means

Quote Originally Posted by forno View Post
    Lets put out an invite, make the design represent paint splotches. Then lets see how long a bow people draw on what it all means
    Apple don't play mind games. It's all in our head, not theirs.

Apple have the smartest marketing advisors, a lot smarter than every other company. No for what i think may come true at the 'apple event'

An iSlate but with a much different design to what anybody on here thinks
    iLife '10
    iPod Touch complete makeover (camera, new design, brushed metal back)

Also i don't think apple will do a coloured iphone, it just doesn't seem right though they may make a unibody iSlate & iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by moto51 View Post
    ...iPod Touch complete makeover (camera, new design, brushed metal back)...
    I always reject predictions of an iPod release that does not fall within "iPod Season" (September of each year). They've never done it before.

Yes you have a point but then again this is apple and nobody knows what they are doing until the day of it's release

Quote Originally Posted by moto51 View Post
    Yes you have a point but then again this is apple and nobody knows what they are doing until the day of it's release
    WTF, logic in a thread about an apple event!!!!!!

Looks like the emphasis is on a "new creation" and "color". I reckon it will be a super thin iphone on steroids / kindle like that does colour device.

Also a new iphone / imac / macbook products in colour

Personally I don't think Apple will be releasing the Tablet or any existing products in multiple colours. The Nano is targeted at a much lower age demographic than that of the Tablet.

To me the use of colours suggest that the Tablet usage will be aimed at the Creative market more than people are expecting. I think the whole 'revolutionise the newspaper' is not the whole picture when it comes to the product. I don't think its going to be just a retake on the Kindle.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Aero View Post
    Marc, pack your Redbulls where going 4am again!
    Ahhhhhhhhhhyeah! There's nothing better than sleep-deprived excitement. CC is ready and waiting to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by glitch View Post
    It's actually the one thing Apple do significantly better than anyone else - marketing - and I suspect that is the Job's legacy.
    I'd argue that all Apple do is create a non-stop stream of good products and keep them secret until release. It's not a complex formula, but difficult to reproduce unless you can ensure everything you do is brilliant, mainstream and lustworthy.

Other companies fall short because they don't have the same standards. There's no marketing or tricks involved.

Quote Originally Posted by wholikespotatoes View Post
    Personally I don't think Apple will be releasing the Tablet or any existing products in multiple colours. The Nano is targeted at a much lower age demographic than that of the Tablet.
    I think it's very possible that the iPod touch or iPhone could see more colour options at some point.

This is exciting... I don't care what they bring out. I just know this year is going to be all about Apple products and me buying them.

- goes back to iPhone programming...

Quote Originally Posted by jesse View Post
    I don't care what they bring out. I just know this year is going to be all about Apple products and me buying them.
    This isn't really much different than the past 5 or so years

Haha, I just saw this on The Australian.. sort of jumped the gun a bit, huh?

Apple tipped to unveil tablet next week | The Australian

I have no idea what's going to happen (ok the tablet is pretty much a given) but I'm excited anyway (sad I know).

I'd like to see an update to the unibody laptops too but I can't see much more than a speed bump happening if it does, and I'm hanging off for an i series update before I update.
    Last edited by Geoff3DMN; 19th January 2010 at 11:22 AM.
    iPad Mini 4 128Gb 4G | iPhone 6 64GB | MacBook Pro 13" i5 2.4GHz Retina | Mac Mini i5 | Apple TV 3 |

According to my calculations the event starts at 5am Melbourne time. So for those of us not at the cave it won't be much of a stretch to just lay there in bed with a laptop/iphone and listen to the mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    According to my calculations the event starts at 5am Melbourne time. So for those of us not at the cave it won't be much of a stretch to just lay there in bed with a laptop/iphone and listen to the mayhem
    You don't mean a live stream of the event do you? Apple doesn't do that. Does someone else? I usually just get up early (6:00 AM) and read the website, then download the podcast that day or the next and watch it at my leisure.

Well my stab at the invite timing seemed pretty good. As for those obsessing over the invite design, I seriously doubt there is any deliberate hints in it. The only one I could think of is that the line "Come see our latest creation" and the paint splats might hint at this being a very graphically oriented event. But still, I'm not gonna read the tea leaves to much as I very fondly remember back in 2007 when Apple sent out invites for their iPod event with the tagline "The beat goes on" people claimed you could see the word BEATLES in the cover flow arrangement.

And sure, if you looked at it from a certain angle and you had your screen colours inverted it might say that. But it could have been purely unintentional. Which it most likely was. As for what we will actually see at this event, after years of waiting, the tablet is finally a lock. What will it look like? I don't know. But if it does anything slightly awesome, I will most certainly be putting down the cash for one.

iPhone OS 4.0 seems to be a pretty good shot for this event, and the fact that I have a developer account just to beta test this stuff makes me rather excited. iLife X? Maybe, but only if there is a multitouch version available for the tablet.
     iPod nano 8GB 3rd Gen - iPod touch 16GB - 20" Aluminum iMac 2.0 GHz - iPhone 3G 16GB White - 15" Unibody MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz - iPhone 3GS 16GB Black - iPad 16GB Wi-Fi - iPhone 4 32GB Black

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast