Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phillo View Post
    I dont think its directly related to the demographics of the area... more about the demographic and style of the centre itself.

In Melbourne, Chadstone and Doncaster are seen as the two fashionable suburban shopping centres to be seen at. This seems to be the case with the centres chosen in Sydney.

Also notice the location of the apple stores in the centre... they are both quite close to the upmarket fashion houses as opposed to the rank and file stores.
    Agreed. Westfield Bondi Junction have sucked away the boutique fashion shops formally located along Oxford St Paddington and left the place a wasteland (a small exaggeration but you get my point). Chatswood Chase is the north's fashion hub. But you'd have to admit that fashion and money tend to go hand in hand!

Apparently there's a range of factors Apple takes into account in choosing a location - foot traffic, average income of the area, number of registered Apple users, road accessibility and what stores they share a location with (must be upmarket). However in saying all that, Westfield Bondi Junction is a no-brainer.

I saw that coming from a mile away. I look forward to never visiting it.

The owner of nearby store My Mac knew about this, according to my chat with him.

Apple set to unveil beachside store - Hardware - Technology - News - iTnews.com.au
    Last edited by bengrubb; 7th January 2010 at 05:28 PM.

not looking good for perth - no location, no evidence of building works, makes me wonder if the rumor for a perth store was completely bogus despite the job listing.

Exocet's Avatar Exocet is offline We're gonna need to move you down into storage B.

There is a location for Perth, Apple has submitted a development application for a street-frontage...however as its a retail development - under WA Planning Legislation they're not required to submit detailed plans for public review.

(as far as I'm lead to believe)

Does anyone know where the store will actually be, or is Westfield Bondi the closest we can get at the moment? I might just take a trip to Bondi in the next few days to suss the area out (I don't think I've ever been to Bondi).

Quote Originally Posted by gumby08 View Post
    Stuff Bondi and Melbourne, Canberra?
    What about PARRAMATTA

Quote Originally Posted by stewy38 View Post
    What about PARRAMATTA
    Sorry to those in Parramatta, but I wouldnt think that this location would be a priority in Apples plans.
    | Alumimum iMac - 20" - 2.66Ghz | 13" MacBook Pro - Unibody 2.26Ghz | iPad2 32Gb WiFi | iPhone4 16GB | iPod: 2G Touch 8Gb, 2G Shuffle, 4G 20Gb | AppleTV |

i have an idea! how about brisbane CBD?!?!

bondi sounds great though, anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by matthew858 View Post
    Does anyone know where the store will actually be, or is Westfield Bondi the closest we can get at the moment? I might just take a trip to Bondi in the next few days to suss the area out (I don't think I've ever been to Bondi).
    i'll ask mrs jeloz as she spends alot of time there!

Jeloz
    mac 4 years....Frequency was Apple heaven..now embracing new technologies...
    http://www.oxxdigital.com.au
    http://www.jays.se

Quote Originally Posted by Phillo View Post
    Sorry to those in Parramatta, but I wouldnt think that this location would be a priority in Apples plans.
    Give me one reason why not, As they say Parramatta is the centre of Sydney
    Who the hell is going travel all the way Bondi to buy any Apple products when its hard enough to get parking there just to spend the day at the beach and I can't see myself using public transport for that matter either.
    Last edited by stewy38; 8th January 2010 at 09:25 AM.

Geographical centre, yes. Cultural, retail, economic centre, no.

BTW, who's they?

Give me one reason why not, As they say Parramatta is the centre of Sydney
    It may be the geographical centre, but it's not an internationally-recognised location.

Bondi is known for being higher-class and higher-income, especially compared to Parramatta. Bondi is the perfect place for an Australian Apple Store. Heh, they should drag out a few 'Bondi Blue' iMacs for display if this place does indeed open up

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    It may be the geographical centre, but it's not an internationally-recognised location.

Bondi is known for being higher-class and higher-income, especially compared to Parramatta. Bondi is the perfect place for an Australian Apple Store. Heh, they should drag out a few 'Bondi Blue' iMacs for display if this place does indeed open up
    Perfect place your kidding right. Nothing wrong with Parramatta. There is a need for more bussiness to be out this way.

Might as well open a store at Katoomba too if you think Bondi is well known.
    Last edited by stewy38; 8th January 2010 at 09:43 AM.

Perfect place your kidding right. Nothing wrong with Parramatta. we have a need for more bussiness to be out this way
    You do realise we're talking about Apple, right? They're very anal about where they place their stores - they didn't put the Chatswood store in the Westfield, they put it in the upper-class Chase shopping centre.

You do realise we're talking about Apple, right? They're very anal about where they place their stores - they didn't put the Chatswood store in the Westfield, they put it in the upper-class Chase shopping centre.
    If that the case then Apple must have a few dollars to spent on upper-class stores.

Don't get me wrong I love Apple products. I could never live without them
    Both my computers here are Macs & I have Iphone too

If that the case then Apple must have a few dollars to spent on upper-class stores.
    Have you even been to an official Apple Store?

Default Parra vs Bondi

Your kidding right, Parra is a waste land compared to Bondi Junction.
    Having work in both locations, Parra as for $$ spent on retail is a ghost town.

Have you even been to an official Apple Store?
    Yeah I have

Then I would assume you understand that Apple only choose premium locations for their stores - therefore Parramatta would not be high on their list of locations.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast