Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

ok so because the ATO is SHITE, and won't release an OSX version of etax, i have decided to do my tax return through virtual pc (please note: no i didn't buy vpc just for this reason&#33 anyway i can't get a network running between the pc (win 98se) and the mac. i called up my isp (tel$tra) and they were no help, they said that it can be done but they don't know how (groan...)
    has anyone set up a network to share internet between the virtual pc and a mac in the past? can you help? please?
    i need my tax return dollars to supplement my mac addiction!
    MacBook Pro 15" 2GHz Intel Core Duo | 80G iPod Classic Silver | Airport Express | iPhone 3G 16GB Black | http://www.thisdaylastyear.org

Since this is a networking/software topic, i'm moving it to The Apple Software forum.
    Read my drivel, be dazzled by my Twitter

Are you some kind of devil trying to keep me from using my time usefully? - Currawong
    "You're an enigma wrapped in a ferreo roche" - fulltimecasual

Back up two seconds..

You have one single machine, running MacOSX with Virtual PC on top of this, correct? And also, you have a simple ethernet broadband device connecting you to the internet, correct?

If so, you simply have to enable the virtual networking so that the Virtual Windows install has access to your ethernet device, and therefor web access. This is pretty clearly documented in the VirtualPC documentation on how to share network devices with virtual opterating systems.
    "Saying your operating system is the best because more people use it is like saying MacDonalds make the best food"

funny how looking in the manual is all the help you need.
    thanks for the push!
    MacBook Pro 15" 2GHz Intel Core Duo | 80G iPod Classic Silver | Airport Express | iPhone 3G 16GB Black | http://www.thisdaylastyear.org