Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Hi
    i can't seem to work out why i'm not getting the dial up 56k modem sounds on my PM G4, MDD mac!
    I have tried (nearly) everything. The modem functions fine. i cannot locate my hardware test cd to try it out. wondering if i'm not doing something right. have activated all souns in modems and sounds(general), any ideas?

many thanks

trade: glenmorrow, william, jobro, birdbrain, mutters, applecollector, tommelbourne, thebookfreak58, TERII82, p52, rob05,

Have you checked the settings in the "Internet Connect" app or whatever its called? (I'm on a PC now so i can't check what its called exactly)
    Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two...

Assuming you are running Mac OS X, Go to Network in System Preferences, click "Internal Modem", then click the modem tab. Make sure sound is turned on there.

If you are still running OS 9, Upgrade! :P , seriously though, go to the modem control panel, and check that sound is turned on there.

Also, check that your sound is on and working generally.
    Mac Aid is a Melbourne Based Mac Support Business, Apple Reseller, and Apple Consultants Network member.
    Ph 1800 762 040, www.macaid.com.au

hey
    i've tried all of the above and still no go! kinda frustrating, but at least modem works. i am running 10.3.9. could it be a software problem?

thanx

trade: glenmorrow, william, jobro, birdbrain, mutters, applecollector, tommelbourne, thebookfreak58, TERII82, p52, rob05,