Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1. #1

    Default Pocket Weather AU easter egg.

    We have added a secret hidden easter egg in Pocket Weather AU for all you die hard MacTalk fan boys (and girls). Here are the steps you need to take to activate it.

    Step 1. Navigate to the in app settings screen.
    Step 2. Rotate the phone 90 degrees four times.
    Step 3. Click on "Push Setup"
    Step 4. Click on "Sound Alert".
    Step 5. Select the new "MacTalk" sound.
    Step 6. Quit the application and relaunch it.

    Now you will get the famous MacTalk intro voice and each time Anthony releases a new podcast you will get a push notification.


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    3,102

    Default

    Haha. Well done.
    .
    Times are bad. Children no longer obey their parents, and everyone is writing a book.

    - Cicero (106BC-43BC)

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    758

    Default

    cool

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    863

    Default

    LOL fun now just awaiting for a new podcast

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,143

    Default

    Haha, great idea.

    But, can I change the sound back to wind and still get the notification?

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    425

    Default

    Too funny.

  7. #7
    Exocet's Avatar Exocet is offline We're gonna need to move you down into storage B.

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andytlr View Post
    Haha, great idea.

    But, can I change the sound back to wind and still get the notification?
    Yeah, this

  8. #8

    Default

    Wish it had the sound effect before the "mactalk" personally

    Still, love your work! And ditto on the Exo / Andy question.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    769

    Default

    Can you change the sound and still get the mactalk push, currently not...because it's a feature we just snuck in for the kicks and in the current implementation that would give no one a way to back out of getting the mactalk push messages. We can change it in a future release based on the feedback we get here.

    I think you need some background though: You see it was late one night just before 2.0 released and the conversation went something like:
    Philz: I have this awesome idea for a feature and you have to put it into the client because I've already coded the server portion!
    Me: Are you insane? We're in final testing!!!
    Philz: C'mon don't you at least want to know what it is
    Me: Ok, fine
    Philz: [explains it]
    Me: That's pretty funny, but you're still insane!
    Philz: [begs me, and offers me his first born child], and then points out that he let me keep the text 'Find Locations By Awesomeness' on the add location screen (which he thought was kinda cheesy)
    Me: Ewww keep your kid, I'll put it in.

    So you see we didn't exactly plan it as a full on feature, more just as a funny thing that might be useful to some die hard mactalkers. And if you want to change your notification noise back to something else then your obviously just not die hard enough! Why if Bruce Willis were here right now he'd say...
    iPhone developer & mac nut...
    Shifty Jelly

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rustyshelf View Post
    'Find Locations By Awesomeness'
    I didn't even know this exists! AWESOMENESS.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lithgow, NSW
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nando View Post
    LOL fun now just awaiting for a new podcast
    Cool easter egg, but I gave up listening to the podcasts 6 to 8 months ago.
    Visit my Christmas Light display at www.lithgowlights.com

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LithgowLights View Post
    Cool easter egg, but I gave up listening to the podcasts 6 to 8 months ago.
    lol why.. swearing?

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mel-Boar-En
    Posts
    670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LithgowLights View Post
    Cool easter egg, but I gave up listening to the podcasts 6 to 8 months ago.
    Awwwww...

    *Sniff*

    That means that you've never heard me on the Podcast then.

    Optus' Coverage Sux!!! Please leave me alone, so I can get back my good coverage again. :P
    Gear | MacBook Pro 15" UniBody | MacMini | iPhone 4 32GB Black | 2xReadyNAS NV+

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rustyshelf View Post
    So you see we didn't exactly plan it as a full on feature, more just as a funny thing that might be useful to some die hard mactalkers. And if you want to change your notification noise back to something else then your obviously just not die hard enough! Why if Bruce Willis were here right now he'd say...
    Haha, I did think about adding to the feature but as rustyshelf says this is the for the dead hard podcast fans like me. The worrying thing is my wife has started copying the Mactalk intro every time it goes off which is freakin me out.

    I would like to know if Anthony still has it on or if the "Mactalk" is too much for him too?

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lithgow, NSW
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Darko View Post
    lol why.. swearing?
    Hahah no. The topics, while extremely pro Apple and Anti everyone else did not really worry me (I'm an iPhone fan, but while I own a Macbook pro I hate using it). The language was fine, and helped make it a good podcast I looked forward to. Griffmiester, nope I never had the pleasure, sorry.

    I wont say why I dropped listening to it, suffice to say it was not the one-eyed topics, the incessesent (sp??) babbeling, childish jokes, crap humour, as they all were positives IMHO - it was one of the regulars who simply got on my nerves to the point I was not enjoying the podcasts at all. But we all have our differences, and thats what makes us unique (as opposed to eunuchs like Linux fanboys)
    Visit my Christmas Light display at www.lithgowlights.com

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by philz View Post
    Haha, I did think about adding to the feature but as rustyshelf says this is the for the dead hard podcast fans like me. The worrying thing is my wife has started copying the Mactalk intro every time it goes off which is freakin me out.

    I would like to know if Anthony still has it on or if the "Mactalk" is too much for him too?
    As much as I love this easter egg, I had to turn it off. I hear that damn sound too often and have no need to know when the next podcast is out, as I'm the one who uploads it! haha

    I feel bad now

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lithgow, NSW
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by decryption View Post
    I feel bad now
    As you should....
    Visit my Christmas Light display at www.lithgowlights.com

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by decryption View Post
    As much as I love this easter egg, I had to turn it off. I hear that damn sound too often and have no need to know when the next podcast is out, as I'm the one who uploads it! haha

    I feel bad now
    Don't feel bad, it was just a bit of fun. If only I knew your device id I could just switch it back on for you

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by philz View Post
    Don't feel bad, it was just a bit of fun. If only I knew your device id I could just switch it back on for you
    Can't be that hard to figure out, he would have been the first person to sign up?
    iPhone developer & mac nut...
    Shifty Jelly

  20. #20

    Default



    It works!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •