Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
    liquidsquid Guest

Default Site Sponsors..... do you trust them?

I clicked on a link from a site sponsor that was advertising stereo equipment.

Now i try and take things in good faith but on delving into the links on the web pages i found that the amount of information i usually search for before i purchase on the internet is just not there.

The Business, operates where? No info. Does it list an ABN? No. Quang or just call me 'Q' seems to be much to little information.

I wish people who think they are running an internet based business would give purchasers some piece of mind in showing that they have enough integrity to stand behind their business by doing the things i mentioned above properly.

Gotta admit there are a number of things I look for before dealing with anyone, ABN, physical address and phone number, email address.

Of course there are more and more online only stores cropping up, but it's also a factor of what your actually buying. Lots of small stuff I will just order and hope for the best, larger stuff you can usually get your local DSE to price match (that and you get local warranty/returns as well as that instant gratification you don't get with online purchases :P)

But bottom line, I'm with you, online businesses should at least cover the basics on their websites.
    Many Shiny Toys with Apple Logos | Some Microsoft Toys too
    If it has an engine or a heartbeat it's going to cost you.
    Drive a VW?

have u tried using Whois.net - Domain Names ? dunno i could be on the wrong track here...
    pics or it didn't happen :P

liquidsquid Guest

i just reckon the admins here might be rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of a new sponsor without thinking of the ramifications if someone get seriously ripped off. Being the conduit for people to scam a captive blinkered trusting market is a big responsibility for a web forum to take on.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidsquid View Post
    i just reckon the admins here might be rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of a new sponsor without thinking of the ramifications if someone get seriously ripped off. Being the conduit for people to scam a captive blinkered trusting market is a big responsibility for a web forum to take on.
    Why hello there - thanks for blowing in here and slandering one of our sponsors. I assure you, any sponsors we have on MacTalk, are reputable. I am offended you think I would just take money and think of the consequences later.