Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

» Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I've followed this MS/EU stuff for a while. I use Safari and hated IE when I had to use it years ago, but my choice is my preference. (Firefox does the job fine.) But I cannot understand why MS is being fined big dollars for pushing its own product. Hell, if I was a Coca Cola rep, I wouldn't be giving my customers the option of ticking Pepsi on their order forms.
    24" iMac - EyeTV digital dongle - satellite broadband - iPhone clone - 16G Wifi+ 3G iPad.

Why is Apple allowed to ship Safari and by default on their Macs (also QuickTime) and iPhones? And Microsoft isn't allowed to install only IE (or WMP) on their OS?

Because MS was found to be abusing their OS monopoly status to unduly influence the browser market and Apple wasn't.

Wasn't there also an issue with them basically building IE into Windows itself, so you couldn't uninstall it without causing Windows to collapse?

I think also until Apple holds a majority of the market, their use of Safari wont gather much attention - unless MS push the focus over.
    MacTalk - the bianca's of geekdom
    thecosmichobo - as seen on YouTube - "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!" and lots more!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2