Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Transmission Speed (Speed of the application not my downloads)

Hi,

After upgrading to Snow Leopard I have become extremely frustrated with Transmission. After being my preferred bit torrent application, the upgrade seems to have broken it. I can still use it, but it is extremely slow, and gives me the beachball every time i click something, and then it ends up freezing my whole computer up, leading me to have to shut it down by holding the power button.

I have the latest version of transmission, and have searched through google trying to find out if it has been happening to anyone else.

Has anyone else experienced this? And if so, what did you do to fix it?

Thanks.

probably unrelated, even though it's to do with Transmission...

I was finding my Safari load times went to shit with Trans 1.75b2, even though it was all fine pre Snow Leopard. I reverted back to 1.74 for a bit after deleting Transmission using AppDelete, but then noticed that there was a 1.75 (non beta), so gave that a go.

Seems to have got better.

So my suggestion is to delete tha app completely and then try 1.74 first, and then 1.75.
    15" MacBook Pro C2D 2.6Ghz 6Gb RAM, 320GB 7200 HDD, 512 VRAM & 23" Cinema Display
    3g iPod 30GB & 4g iPod photo 60GB & 512Mb shuffle & 2g shuffle & iPod touch 8GB
    & 3G iPhone 16Gb

flickr

Use U-Torrent beta 0.9.2. Its much faster with uploads and downloads too. I have used both and i can DL much faster with U-Torrent. No issues with SL either.

+1 as i had issues with transmission as well, but non with uTorrent
    "Who knows where madness lies, perhaps to be too practical is madness, to surrender dreams this may be madness, to seek treasure where there is only trash, too much sanity may be madness, but madest of all, you see life as it is and not as it should be"

Stealing your wifi somewhere in southbank

kind of off topic, but do you download faster when you allow faster uploads?
    I'm the conduit through which the world views the soft underbelly of women's erotic desires.

I think so....

Quote Originally Posted by iCantwait View Post
    kind of off topic, but do you download faster when you allow faster uploads?
    If your upload limit isn't too high (like >90% of your bandwidth) then the more you upload the faster your download speeds should be on the same torrent due to the average speed of the swarm increasing.

If your upload is super-high then it actually slows your downloads, because TCP ACKs and requests for blocks can't get through.