Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Migration Assistant - now incorrect unread messages in Mail

Hi All

Just upgraded my MacBook to a MacBook Pro - used the migration assistant to move everything across from my Time Machine backup.

This is the first time I've moved to a new Mac so my first time using Migration Assistant. Overall, incredibly happy with the result compared to the day or two of pain that normally results from doing the same process on a PC.

However, I've ended up with a glitch with Mail. In Mail itself, there are no unread messages, but I have the dock icon set to indicate a new message count and it's looking like this:

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

I've gone through each folder in Mail and found a few messages that showed up as new/unread only when I went into the folder - that got rid of 300 or so but I've still got almost 1300 supposedly new/unread messages.

Anyone know how to correct this?

I've come to rely on this count as a guide for when I need to give email some attention so I'd like to get it right again.

David

Answering my own question - I figured it out - partly, it was that the 'new' messages were only showing up when you actually viewed a folder... the rest? They were in the trash but, for some reason, I hadn't thought of checking there when I checked everywhere else...

All sorted now.

David