Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Ľ Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Adelaide Apple Store - Definitely!

after the Eastern and western seaboard have finished being smattered with their stores it stands to reason that apple will turn their hand to SA/NT for some much needed apple lovin'.

I myself really have to say that I hate resellers and that the sooner the official Apple stores arrive the better. the only reseller that is remotely decent (In my experiece) around here is Power On (aka Mac Centre Norwood)

It also stands to reason that it would be in one of the largest shopping areas in the CBD or suburbs (ie Marion or West Lakes) where might you think it will likely be? and when will it appear?

I'll apply for a job there I'll even buy a new mac at full retail.
    Last edited by AfterBurner_1; 27th April 2010 at 09:59 PM.
    PC l 980X l 24GB l 8TB l GTX590 l 7 Ult x64 l Corsair CC750D
    Server l E3-1245v3 l 32GB l 20TB l Fedora 21 LVM ZFS RaidZ2
    Burning 'Book l 17" A1297 l 2860QM l 6770M 1GB l 2.25TB l Antiglare

the only reseller that is remotely decent around here is Power On (aka Mac Centre Norwood)
    My experience is a bit different than yours, My Mac been serviced with Power On, nexy byte and OzMac Solutions and I found

Power are very very busy and turn out period is between 7 -14 working days

with OZ solution it is just 2-3 working days

I found Oz solutions are away better than Power On.
    MBP 2.4g 4g 128g
    nano gggggg 8g
    http://technewsonnet.com/

Agree - OzMac Solutions are the best.
    This works for me

Quote Originally Posted by AfterBurner_1 View Post
    apple will turn their hand to SA/NT

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Nah, even the dust is trying to emigrate from SA, why would they put an apple store there?
    http://twitter.com/TheMissionMan / Photo Page
    MacBook Air 13" 2.0GHz i7/8GB/512GB, iPhone 5 64GB, iPad Mini LTE 64GB, Nikon D700, MB-D10, 24-70 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8, 1.4x, SB700, SB600, Benro C3580T, Benro GH-1, Benro C48T

Quote Originally Posted by lazydesi View Post
    My experience is a bit different than yours, My Mac been serviced with Power On, nexy byte and OzMac Solutions and I found

Power are very very busy and turn out period is between 7 -14 working days

with OZ solution it is just 2-3 working days

I found Oz solutions are away better than Power On.
    I had my macbook fixed by Power on, took only 3 days inc ordering new top case, inverter board and a few other bits.
    Mac Pro Dual Xeon 2.8GHz Quad, 6GB Ram, 128GB SSD+320GB+3x1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX285, Mac OS X 10.7
    My Flickr | Portfolio/Photoblog

If this is true I'm going there every weekend!
    As King I announce that it is time to.... PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would expect it to be in Rundle Mall, Adelaide.
    Grrrr, Arrrrghhh!!!
    http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/8259491826/photos
    My Photo Gallery

Which resellers are already in SA?

I really hope that there is going to be an apple store in Adelaide. It'll make my stay here a whole lot better hahaha
    32GB iPhone 4, 16GB iPod Nano 5th Gen, 60GB White iPod video 5th gen, 512MB iPod shuffle 1st gen, 2.4ghz MacBook aluminium

I have had my logic board/main board replaced twice in two years in my Macbook Pro, and I've had one of the fans replaced as well.

In each case I have gone to Nextbyte (Glen Osmond Road) and paid the premium for a faster service, and in all three cases I've come back under 28 hours later and picked it up.

I don't see why Apple would bother opening a shop here in a town like Adelaide.

You'd have to bet on at least a mini store in Adelaide sometime before the end of 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by David Turnedge View Post
    You'd have to bet on at least a mini store in Adelaide sometime before the end of 2010.
    At least by then Adelaide will be much less dusty than a couple of eastern states! Hard drives should last longer, too.

NSW dust

Qld dust
    Outside of a dog, a book is manís best friend. Inside of a dog, itís too dark to read. Groucho Marx
    Facebook | MLKSHK

Simple, there would be one in the CBD, one in either colonades or tea tree plaza, and one in Marion shopping centre. Logical places to put them to be honest.

Bring on an Adelaide Apple store. Next Byte don't seem to have the technical knowledge, it is easier to come on the forums. My Apple store is currently JB Hi Fi

Quote Originally Posted by mechcon View Post
    Simple, there would be one in the CBD, one in either colonades or tea tree plaza, and one in Marion shopping centre. Logical places to put them to be honest.

Given the population and demographics, a Mall store is most likely, but Colonnades seems to not be the right sort of market to me.

Anyway, no regional stores would be opened before a city store proved viable.
    Outside of a dog, a book is manís best friend. Inside of a dog, itís too dark to read. Groucho Marx
    Facebook | MLKSHK

The Nextbyte store in the CBD is hopeless but I do feel the need to defend the one on Glen Osmond Road. They are friendly and their support/tech people are good to deal with. How the two stores can be related in name is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by oli View Post
    The Nextbyte store in the CBD is hopeless but I do feel the need to defend the one on Glen Osmond Road. They are friendly and their support/tech people are good to deal with. How the two stores can be related in name is beyond me.
    YMV, but I have found all NextByte staff friendly enough if you can get them to serve you, but more interested in their haircuts than things Macintosh (or iPod or iPhone). There must be mirrors hidden behind the counters.
    Facebook | MLKSHK

Quote Originally Posted by vivid2 View Post
    At least by then Adelaide will be much less dusty than a couple of eastern states! Hard drives should last longer, too.

NSW dust

Qld dust

Nah... even after sending lots of dust to the other states (thanking them for their lack of sharing water), SA will still be dusty!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast