Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: iWatch

Default iWatch

Quite a few rumors about the development by Apple of an iWatch.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...h-designs.html

I know the iPod nano 6th gen could be used like a watch. With the rise of Pebble, this space is where Apple could be disruptive again.

Who would get one? I know I would.
    Quad Core Mac Mini Server, 15' rMBP, 12' MacBook, Thunderbolt Display, iPad Pro/4/2/Mini, iPhone 6S/6S+, AppleWatch 38/42mm, iPod Touch/Nano, ATV 4, AirPort Extreme, Promise Pegasus R4
    36 Trades

Erwin that story was on mac rumors yesterday too.Speaking of the nano watch I just bought a nano to use as one. Waiting for the Lunatik Lynk watch band to arrive from China though.

Default iWatch

A stand alone device or an iPhone accessory ?

My favourite tweet about this so far has been from @Wired: "Only time will tell if Apple is developing a smartwatch".

Just like everything else Apple makes, analysts and "journalists" can spin the rumour mill as much as they want but it's always been the same - no-one knows until someone gets on stage and says "look what we made".

Default iWatch

Can the nano link to the iPhone to take calls, check emails?
    Quad Core Mac Mini Server, 15' rMBP, 12' MacBook, Thunderbolt Display, iPad Pro/4/2/Mini, iPhone 6S/6S+, AppleWatch 38/42mm, iPod Touch/Nano, ATV 4, AirPort Extreme, Promise Pegasus R4
    36 Trades

Not as far as I know Erwin. The band just turns it into a watch.Check out the Lunatik website it shows how its put together and shows how to set the nano as a watch.
    In the story I read the writer talks about what could and what should be added to the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    Erwin that story was on mac rumors yesterday too.Speaking of the nano watch I just bought a nano to use as one. Waiting for the Lunatik Lynk watch band to arrive from China though.
    Inconceivable! I just received my Lunatik Lynk (Silver) last week and popped in a nano I'd bought a couple of weeks ago. A tad chunkier than I'd expected, but as I'll never be accused of having fine delicate hands, it's not out of scale on my wrist.

Speculation: the watch will have as much to do with telling the time as the iPhone has to do with making calls.

I was looking at the Cookoo watch - essentially because it's cheap. It was a Kickstarter project.

COOKOO? the connected watch - COOKOO app available on App Store

Only AU$139 delivered on eBay.

Anyone here used it?

EDIT: I went ahead and bought one off eBay - will let people know how it works when it arrives.
    Last edited by Erwin; 13th February 2013 at 12:10 PM.
    36 Trades

Default iWatch

Ok, got my Cookoo smart watch today.

Came in a nice box. Works well so far. Looks understated. A bit large but light. Getting call, calendar, FB notifications.

Nice prelude to an iWatch.
    36 Trades

Default iWatch

Geez it is big! (Either that or you have very small wrists :P)

Comfortable to wear?

I have small wrists and hands. Yes, quite comfortable - a bit rubbery and plasticky overall though. But you pay for what you get.
    36 Trades

It's even cheaper on Kogan - just saw it:

COOKOO Watch (Black) - Buy your COOKOO Watch (Black) from Kogan Australia

Darn it.
    36 Trades

Default iWatch

Okay, because I'm a bit nuts I've gone and also preordered the Martian smart watch as well - I got the white Victory model:

http://store.martianwatches.com/Vict...p/mv100wsw.htm

This was also a kickstarter project originally. Much more expensive but looks better and you can make calls with it. I'll call this an early birthday present to self.

May end up selling the cookoo once this arrives - will see.
    36 Trades

That Cookoo looks really cool, does everything I'd want it to do and looks great. I love the size too, I often have a problem with watches being too small for my arm.

Default iWatch

It's a cool watch. It's cheap enough that I'll keep it as a spare once my Martian arrives.
    Last edited by Erwin; 20th February 2013 at 06:34 AM.
    36 Trades

I now have my Lunatik Lynk black with nano inserted. Yes they are a bit large but I like it. I may yet buy a silver and a red Lynk it depends on the cost.

There are no rumours of an iWatch.

Instead some tech writer was wondering aloud what Apple's next product might be.

He came up with iWatch and iTV.

There is no rumour.

What do you mean 'there is no rumour'? When people discuss the existence of a product or event or creature or whatever, whether ultimately true or not, that's called a rumour.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe98 View Post
    some tech writer was wondering aloud what Apple's next product might be.
    What you have described is a rumour. If I were to say 'Joe98 has a dislike of puppies', that is a rumour. Even if I made it up just now.

Default iWatch

Quote Originally Posted by half goon half god View Post
    What do you mean 'there is no rumour'? When people discuss the existence of a product or event or creature or whatever, whether ultimately true or not, that's called a rumour.

What you have described is a rumour. If I were to say 'Joe98 has a dislike of puppies', that is a rumour. Even if I made it up just now.
    How could anyone not like puppies?!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast