Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Hahah someone has pulled off a great scam if they got away with fooling the media about the date.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_D View Post
    And then in 2 weeks time we will all get an email saying that that day is correct but this time it will be an "official" Apple one.
    Do you need to register your email address anywhere in order to receive an email from Apple announcing the Grand Opening? I wouldn't mind attending, although not sure how if there will be a line up overnight?

What is the usual Grand Opening experience/event like for Apple stores?
    MacBook Pro Retina 13" (Mid-2014) iPhone 6 iPad mini 2

leafnight.wordpress.com | Twitter

I'm sure we'll get plenty of notification of the opening when it happens. I reckon it'll be end of April beginning of May opening. Staff hire emails only went out 2-3 weeks ago.

Ok I've read on another site that staff training for the Adelaide store begins in Sydney on 2nd April and is to last 5 weeks. That suggests a middle to end of May opening.

Can't Wait until this Store Opens. We have been waiting so long for this... even Canberra and Penrith got stores before us. Got some questions if anyone can answer...
    1. Will Adelaide's store be 2 levels?
    2. Will that make us the 2nd biggest Apple store in Australia, after Sydney?
    3. Does Apple giveaway free "Apple Store Adelaide" T-Shirts on opening day?

1. Yes
    2. Not likely
    3. Normally, yes

The long suspected site of the Adelaide Apple Store is now confirmed with the website address painted large across the black hoarding 'WWW.Apple.com.au' and a large white Apple above but no details yet of WHEN. So stand by a little longer guys as the suggested mid May opening looks pretty good.

The image that iMac600 posted a few posts up suggests the store won't be two levels the black boards aren't covering any of the second level.

I wondered that too but last time i was in the city it seemed they were building a wall of some kind in the first floor tenancy above the Apple store - i remember noting on the development plans (sorry can;'t find the URL i got them from now) that there is a lift in the tenancy but no stairs or escalators noted. If you look on the sitemap on their site i'd take it as a guess that at least part of the first floor is also being leased by Apple - whether as retail or storage, who knows, Map - Rundle Place

If I recall correctly, their development proposal to have the steel shopfront extend over two levels was knocked back. It could well still be two levels, but only the ground floor needs the black hoardings as the second is completely hidden from view.

Last edited by MrJesseRoss; 28th April 2013 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Edited because nobody can see a 1mb Evernote link.
    iMac 24" 2.8 GHz (2008), Macbook Air (1st Gen), iPhone 3g, iPod Shuffle 2g (Product Red), Apple TV, Airport Express (N).

Successful Trades : grfxninja, Boddiz, Phaze, iMarty, f1_Power, Jimdrum, Clockwork, iSlayer, Brentnal, Atomic, Danno74,
    Darbgod, Loc04t, Swoffam & Itsanobscured

Steve_D's Avatar Steve_D is offline Hold on.... Let me Google that for you.

The building is for two levels but its not a perfect rectangle on the top level compared to the bottom level.

Look at the plans that MisterFnord linked Ground Floor location 13 is the Apple store (13 is not listed in the stores still) in the corner near DeCosta Arcade they have a stairwell that links to the upper "L" shaped level.

The initial drawings and renderings that were released showed just a metal frontage and no windows on the upper levels at all. But that was because this was an artists impression of what they thought an Apple store may look like, not what had actually been planned.

I would also suggest that the reason for the delays and the lack of massive boarding of the front of the store are one and the same.
    The Adelaide City Council are putting a lot of restrictions on them with their whole "cant destroy the heritage feel of the mall". Ironically these are also the same council that passed the plans for Myer Centre, David Jones (while demolishing John Martins) and Rundle Place (while demolishing Harris Scarfe) to be built, plus have decided to remove the iconic silver balls and tried to move the heritage listed fountain (until protesters stopped them).
    And don't even get me started on the Victoria Square removal of the Heritage Listed Fountain there also, all to make that more appealing for the Tour Down Under.
    I mean they allowed a large 2 storey escalator and walkway to be built in the middle of the mall itself. Then decided it was not such a good idea once people started falling off (and dying).

What they are doing is milking Apple for all they are worth. Thats the reason for the delayed construction and opening. I have friends that got hired and suggest that it was a planned march opening originally then it got delayed, then delayed again for april, now may opening...unless delayed again.

We will see in the next few weeks i guess.

Anyone hear news about the Apple Store opening next Saturday 25th May with announcement this coming Tuesday? I read this news on another forum but with no source.
    iMac 24" 2.8 GHz (2008), Macbook Air (1st Gen), iPhone 3g, iPod Shuffle 2g (Product Red), Apple TV, Airport Express (N).

Successful Trades : grfxninja, Boddiz, Phaze, iMarty, f1_Power, Jimdrum, Clockwork, iSlayer, Brentnal, Atomic, Danno74,
    Darbgod, Loc04t, Swoffam & Itsanobscured

i'd heard the 25th too. I was thinking that it would be likely a June launch so they're fresh with the start of the financial year.
    i'd also heard rumour on the marion store and how management down there have been making it hard for certain existing tennants.
    PC l 980X l 24GB l 8TB l GTX590 l 7 Ult x64 l Corsair CC750D
    Server l E3-1245v3 l 32GB l 20TB l Fedora 21 LVM ZFS RaidZ2
    Burning 'Book l 17" A1297 l 2860QM l 6770M 1GB l 2.25TB l Antiglare

Which forum?
    URL?

Well, it's official.

Apple Retail Store - Rundle Place
    [Insert text here to compensate]

Quote Originally Posted by gr8bob View Post
    Good luck R405!

See everyone there!

About time...

Can finally get my iMac recall done and get my faulty lightning cable replaced.
    Mac Pro Dual Xeon 2.8GHz Quad, 6GB Ram, 128GB SSD+320GB+3x1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX285, Mac OS X 10.7
    My Flickr | Portfolio/Photoblog

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast