Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vivid2 View Post
    no regional stores would be opened before a city store proved viable.
    Explain Melbourne and Brisbane then :P

Quote Originally Posted by canonafficionado View Post
    Nah... even after sending lots of dust to the other states (thanking them for their lack of sharing water), SA will still be dusty!
    I know tell me about it, i just cleaned out my room all most made the vacuum full and its one of them industrial ones.

On topic:

I would love to see an apple store here but it will most likely not happen for a long time. Look at us we have crap all

Quote Originally Posted by vivid2 View Post
    YMV, but I have found all NextByte staff friendly enough if you can get them to serve you, but more interested in their haircuts than things Macintosh (or iPod or iPhone). There must be mirrors hidden behind the counters.
    Yeah, keyword there being "if". I walked into the CBD store awhile ago with the intention of buying an iPhone data cable. I had a look at some of the other products and accessories before starting to actually look for the cable I specifically came in for. I noticed that all the staff were just sitting behind the counter chatting.

Some lady came in and started looking around. One of the male staff members got up immediately and went and offered her assistance.

She was pretty hot though...

I certainly hope there'll be an Apple Store in Adelaide in the near future, can't stand Next Byte.

I'd like to see an Apple Store open here though, preferably without focusing too much on the South. Great if they get one down South, but there's Apple fans up North too...
    Last edited by iMic; 28th January 2011 at 06:38 PM.

I have some sources which indicate that there will be an official partner store opening up near Mt. Barker in the near future.

Barker? Even apple knows better than that. I reckon the order for the next stores would be Adelaide --> Another cabillion stores in melb and syd and brissy -->Tasmania --> Darwin
    Oh hai there.

I said partner store, like what Nextbyte is.

Default Please Sir, May we have a store....

Quote Originally Posted by oli View Post
    I noticed that all the staff were just sitting behind the counter chatting.
    Yeah after visiting Melb & Sydney Apple stores - there's just another level of customer service at official Apple stores.

Wouldn't it be awesome if they came here? But honestly I'm not holding my breath (although we do seem to pull off some stunning cous here for some strange reason like the friggin' pandas and the RI Aus).

RiAus :: About RiAus
    15" i5 MBP + 09 MacMini(OCZ SSD) + 13" Al macbook + iPad2 + iPhone 4 + ATV 2 wit XBMC!

I have some sources which indicate that there will be an official partner store opening up near Mt. Barker in the near future.
    I'm assuming you meant in Mt Barker itself - most towns near Mt Barker are not exactly known for their retail centres .

A decent Mac store in the Hills would be handy - NextByte at Glenunga are ok but I prefer to avoid a trip down the freeway if at all possible!

I don't know where exactly, I am not in that area of the hills often at all but I have some colleagues who I believe are trying to get something organised with Apple.

Mt Barker is the only Hills town an Apple reseller would open up in. Everywhere else is too small.

Especially as 'near' Mt Barker is basically Nairne or Hahndorf.

Quote Originally Posted by iMac600 View Post
    Personally had great experience with Next Byte on Glen Osmond Road, really couldn't ask for service better than the service I got there. I'd like to see an Apple Store open here though, preferably without focusing too much on the South. Great if they get one down South, but there's Apple fans up North too...
    Amen to that!

as for hills, stores, Ha! maybe next Century
    Last edited by AfterBurner_1; 27th October 2009 at 05:11 AM.
    PC l 980X l 24GB l 8TB l GTX590 l 7 Ult x64 l Corsair CC750D
    Server l E3-1245v3 l 32GB l 20TB l Fedora 21 LVM ZFS RaidZ2
    Burning 'Book l 17" A1297 l 2860QM l 6770M 1GB l 2.25TB l Antiglare

There are Mac fans and users in the north, south, east and the west so the only logical place for a first Apple Store in Adelaide is in Adelaide CBD. But hey just an example of where Adelaide fits in the process was to witness the main outlets in the City being devoid of stock of the newly released machines as late as yesterday (Monday) afternoon 5 days after their release while the larger east coast cities had stock on friday. So best we not hold out breaths but keep our fingers crossed.

Took this pic at TTP today. This is to the right of the ABC Shop at the Coles end of the center. It used to be occupied by Howard's Storage World.

(It's blurry because I sort of rushed before those girls thought I was taking pics of them..)

There's no real reason to think that it is an Apple Store, apart from the close proximity to the new T-Life. But hey, it's possible, right?

Edit: Just rang TTP Management, they 'can't confirm who's going in there at this stage'.

Quote Originally Posted by half goon half god View Post
    (It's blurry because I sort of rushed before those girls thought I was taking pics of them..)
    If only you had!

Yeah, keyword there being "if". I walked into the CBD store awhile ago with the intention of buying an iPhone data cable. I had a look at some of the other products and accessories before starting to actually look for the cable I specifically came in for. I noticed that all the staff were just sitting behind the counter chatting.

Some lady came in and started looking around. One of the male staff members got up immediately and went and offered her assistance.

She was pretty hot though...
    Pretty much sums up my experience with them. Went in when 20" iMacs were in runout, looking to buy one or at least size up the 20" vs new 21.5". No assistance. Looked at their Web site, emailed both CBD and Glenunga, latter came back, somewhat sporadically, to my queries about advertised ex-dem stock, but 3 months later still no reply from CBD store. Not sure I'd really give them my business compared to going to JB Hifi and haggling.

Quote Originally Posted by half goon half god View Post
    There's no real reason to think that it is an Apple Store, apart from the close proximity to the new T-Life.
    Apple store next to a T-Life would be awesome.

In order of priority for Apple I would go Marion, Rundle Mall, TTP then West Lakes with Burnside Village as a wildcard.
    MacBook Pro 15.4"/2.4GHz i5/8GB/500GB/Hi Res, Mac Mini 2.4GHz/4GB/320GB, iPad 2G 64GB Wi-Fi + 3G
    iPhone 4 32GB, 3GS 16GB iPod 5G 60GB Classic, 6G 16GB nano, 4G 8GB nano, 2G 2GB nano, Nike+iPod
    Apple TV 2G Airport Extreme x2, Express x2

I'd never have thought of Burnside Village...

My money would be on CBD first of all, something along the lines of the new B&O and Boss stores in the Grenfell Centre.

I'd possibly put money on one at Norwood - it has the demographic, but Mac Center Norwood wouldn't be too happy.

Oh no not Burnside Village, too close to home I'd be there every day, they'd be really sick of me.

Seriously though large space at the Village has just been vacated by Angus and Robertson could be great Apple store but unlikely. First would have to be CBD but squeezing into Rundle Mall will be difficult but hey big 12 months refurbishment at Woollies premises?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast