Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Its not that much of a shame either.... After having RAM stolen twice by Next Byte....Good Riddance.
    Plus, IIci, IIsi, LC, LCII, LC III, CC, LC475, LC630, Centris650, 6100, 8100, 5260, 7220, 7600. PB: 100, 150, 160, 165, 540, 190, 5300, 1400. Lombard, iMacG3, iBookG3, iBookG4, PBG4, eMac, iMac G4, PMG4, MiniG4, iMacG5

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmacs View Post
    Its not that much of a shame either.... After having RAM stolen twice by Next Byte....Good Riddance.
    Whoah! the feck? how the feck? I have some friends at Mac Centre Norwood repair which look after me perty well when i need off load work that i dont have time to do.
    PC l 980X l 24GB l 8TB l GTX590 l 7 Ult x64 l Corsair CC750D
    Server l E3-1245v3 l 32GB l 20TB l Fedora 21 LVM ZFS RaidZ2
    Burning 'Book l 17" A1297 l 2860QM l 6770M 1GB l 2.25TB l Antiglare

Was an excellent experience this morning, arriving just after 9 a.m.
    The staff welcoming each customer individually into the store with cheering was a unique touch. The store-specific commemorative t-shirts are fantastic, too.

The store itself is incredibly impressive. I'm sure it exceeded many expectations.

Well done, Apple.
    MacBook Pro Retina 13" (Mid-2014) iPhone 6 iPad mini 2

leafnight.wordpress.com | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by bennyling View Post
    Ooh, sick burn.
    Well to be fair, it wasn't supposed to be. However in surveying the impact the Apple Store has on surrounding traders, and with them being the most direct competitor, I had to check it out. Perhaps I wandered in at an odd time of the day, but it didn't exactly look promising. Mind you, I normally stop by whenever I'm in the mall and it hasn't exactly ever been a hive of activity. At least that's from what I can see.

This kind of store opening affects me directly as well, I'm a service technician in the reseller network within a reasonable radius to the Adelaide CBD and the whispers around the traps from Apple fans, the general public and press alike suggest that I may not be for much longer. So it's bittersweet in a way. It's a shame, but that's the reality of it. You accept it and move forward, and I'm still just as excited by the Apple Store opening as anyone else. Hell, I went back in there twice for good measure.
    Last edited by iMic; 26th May 2013 at 10:13 AM.

I arrived just before 10am and seeing the crowd already there was concerned just how long I might have to wait to get inside (parking meter clicking over), so found a place in the secondary queue further along the Mall and was pleasantly surprised that I was being welcomed with cheers and Hi-5s within about 20 minutes. I guess the general layout is pretty much the same as Apple Stores elsewhere in Australia but I was told by boasting staff Adelaide had more elaborate signage and presentation. The huge crowd inside still got quick access to whatever they wanted. I think the T-shirt handout must have exceeded the promised 1000. Was again welcomed and asked whether I needed help at least twice so well done Apple.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10